• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dare devil discs

Just wonder what your guys thoughts are on the dare devil discs. I have never seen any of these but I am tempted to buy one and try them out. I would like to get some feedback on maybe what to try out.

Never tried there disc golf discs but ordered an ultimate disc and they fly awesome even better than ultra-stars.

Something to note about Daredevil discs, which I totally respect, is that they are really only 3 molds each in 3 different types of plastic and a limited weight. Finally a company willing to give different flight characteristics to different plastics. Plastic has a drastic effect on flight.

On the same hand once you realize it's just 3 discs in 3 different plastics their lineup really seems weak.

Timberwolf moved out of my bag due to minimalism, but it was a winner. It feels super nice in the hand due to the urethane plastic and is very straight/forgiving. I have thrown it as far as many of my distance drivers on occasional throws at the field, so it must have a lot of glide too. The stamp is way too pretty and I wanted to make sure I didn't scuff it, but it seems to be on there extremely well. Mine went weeks at the course and was not scuffed at all.

I was just given a brand new Timberwolf by a friend a couple of weeks ago, I haven't had a chance to take it to the field yet but the plastic feels like butter.

I have most of the Daredevil discs. Swift fox/Timberwolf/Wolverine, Caribou/Moose/Grizzly, Beaver/Polar Bear. I haven't needed to throw the mids yet, but I do like the drivers and putters. The different plastics have a great, grippy feel. I originally bought them because of the stamps, but ended up using and liking them.

Wolverine flies a lot like a Teebird. They call it an overstable disc, but it's really not. Certainly no Firebird.
Timberwolf reminds me of an Eagle-L. Has lots of glide too.
Beaver flies a lot like an Aviar/Wiz, but it's too slippery for me to putt with.
Polarbear is a tiny bit less stable but has tons of grip. Love it. If I weren't married to my Wizard, this would be my putter.

Last edited:
I've had a few of them and really liked them. The Wolverine is my favorite. Great distance, slightly overstable.

I have been putting with Wizards for quite awhile and I had the Beaver in the bag b/c it's similarity. The only difference being that the Beaver is done in an extremely gummy plastic and will taco when it hits (center pole or a tree ;) ).

The Timberwolf is good. I've thrown them for a few years now.
The first one I got is quite understable once broken in. Very flat. A little like a Valk.
The back-up I got this year is a little more domey and still pretty new and a bit overstable.
I also really like the Caribou. It is also understable. I throw it just like I throw my Fuses.
Works nicely.

They are currently revamping their website but I've seen some on Marshallst and GGGT.
On another Canadian note how are the Helios and Whitler?

The Whitler is thew touchiest lid you've ever thrown, and the Helios is a warp speed, flippy at high speed, glideless piece of junk in the worst plastics you'll ever come accross. I would not bother with either of them personally, although the Whitler does seem to have a few fans..

Latest posts