• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave's Bag

KeepItFreshBrah

Par Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: On and off for about 8 years, coming off a 3 year break, rebuilding the bag with some old favorites and working on getting distance back, maxed at about 370' before break with a seasoned P PD.
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
Other sport proficiencies?: Soccer
Additional Information: Played FH for first 2 years, max FH distance is about 340', distances below are for BH shots.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Need to find a overstable putter/slow mid for upshots/flicks, looking at zone and harp right now. My wizards are getting too beat up, may pick up some fresh P2s, would like to try something without a bead.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Havent been able to find a disc I like between P PD (I had to ditch my beat P PD because it became to flippy after about 3 years) and Roadrunner, powering up on FD for this role right now. Would like something longer here for wide open shots that comes in a premium plastic.
Immediate and long-term goals: Need to work on driving with putters (I don't enjoy driving with deep rim discs), right now I prefer to power down on my Fuze off the tee for shorter ~180-220 tee shots.

Gorilla Boy Silver Back w/ Phenix Quads (14 discs, 9 molds)

Drivers (320-350 ft)
170 S PD 9/4/0/3 (Hyzer/Flex)
175 P PD 9/4/0/3 (Hyzer/Straight), Used for max distance
175 C Roadrunner 9/5/-4/1 (Long Anhyzers, Rollers)

Fairways (280-320 ft)
173 Z Predator 8/4/0/4 (Over stable/Wind)
171 Z Predator 8/4/0/4 (Utility)

175 C Glo Gazelle 6/4/0/2 (Hyzers)
175 C FD 7/5/-1/1 (Hyzer/Straight)
175 S FD 7/5/-1/1 (Straight/Anhyzer)

Midranges (200-280 ft)
178 Z Glo Buzzz 5/4/-1/1 (Short Hyzers, wind), Close to fresh
177 Z Buzzz 5/4/-1/1 (Short Hyzer/Straight), Worn, favorite disc
174 O Fuse 5/6/-2/1 (Short Straight/Anhyzer)

Putters (0-200 ft)
176 O Pure 3/3/0/1 (Upshots)
175 Org Wizard
175 Org Wizard

Used to throw DX gazelles in place of FDs, recently picked up some FDs and really like them. Expecting them to keep stability longer than my DX gazelles. I have tried a few different 10+ speed discs, but I find I score better without them. For those that throw the Kraxe or Kraze Z, are they closer to a gazelle or buzzz in speed?

Looks solid. I like the fact that there aren't too many molds.

FDs are amazing. The S-line FD is the straightest disc I've ever thrown. Not too much turn and very little fade. Nice glide as well. They should definitely last longer than the DX plastic.

Harp or Envy. Both are beadless and only a cm deeper than your Fuse. Envy if you want longer drives.. this disc will feel good in the hand since you throw the Buzzz. Harp if you want it to laugh in the wind

Os putter? Prodiscus Jokeri if you want a touch less stability than the Harp, feels great in the hand for BHs and FHs- fantastic driving putter, you won't regret adding a Prodiscus Jokeri to the bag, trust me :) available at MarshallStreetDiscGolf

Drivers (320-350 ft)
170 S PD (Hyzer/Flex)
175 P PD (Hyzer/Straight), Used for max distance
175 C Roadrunner (Long Anhyzers, Rollers)

Fairways (280-320 ft)
173 Z Predator (Over stable/Wind)
171 Z Predator (Utility)

175 C Glo Gazelle (Hyzers)
175 C FD (Hyzer/Straight)
175 S FD (Straight/Anhyzer)

Midranges (200-280 ft)
178 Z Glo Buzzz (Short Hyzers, wind), Close to fresh
177 Z Buzzz (Short Hyzer/Straight), Worn, favorite disc
174 O Fuse (Short Straight/Anhyzer)

Putters (0-200 ft)
175 BT Hard Harp (Upshots)
175 Org Wizard
175 Org Wizard

Thanks for the advice guys! I picked up a BT Hard Harp and I really like it, perfect for FH approach shots and my BH release is much cleaner with the smaller rim depth than the pure. Been using the Harp for about a month and it will absolutely stay in the bag. Going to pick up an envy next for straighter BH approach shots. Has anyone tried beating in an Origio Harp and using it for straight/stable shots?

Drivers
171 C PD
175 P PD
175 C Roadrunner

Fairways
173 Z Predator
171 Z Predator
175 C Glo Gazelle
175 C FD
175 S FD

Midranges
178 Z Glo Buzzz
177 Z Buzzz
174 O Fuse
176 G Fuse (Keep in the bag for my wife)

Putters
175 Bt Hard Harp
175 P P2
175 P P2

Trying out P P2's in place of my Wizards, seeing how I like the beadless putter (So far so good). I have always liked firmer putters, and the P plastic fits that well. Love the Harp, would like to add a VIP soon, I am surprised how fast my BT hard harp has been beating in. I dropped the S-PD and added a C-PD. I have a few different S-PDs now but they are all so domey and pop-top, I can't seem to find a flat one. I prefer a flat disc in that slot, especially for FH. The P PD and C PD are much flatter, and have a larger gap in stability than the S and P. Also planning on trying the Envy soon, now that Ive taken out the Pure. My P P2s are currently doubling as approach discs to wear them in faster. I would also like to try a Tern, I have read that the HL Terns are great, if it doesn't work I may try a Shryke or Sheriff. The FD is quickly becoming my favorite disc. Cheers!

Drivers
171 C-line Glow CD2
175 G-line CD2
175 Champion Roadrunner

Fairways
173 Elite Z Predator
171 Elite Z Predator
175 Champion Glow Gazelle
175 Color Glow FD
175 Metal Flake FD
175 S-line FD

Midranges
178 Elite Z Glow Buzzz
177 Elite Z Buzzz
174 Opto Fuse
176 Goldline Fuse (Keep in the bag for my wife)

Putters
175 VIP Harp
175 Bt Hard Harp
175 P P2
175 P P2

Switched from PDs to CD2s, the Glow CD2 flies very similar to a worn S-line PD for me and the C-line PD was too overstable for me. I really like the Glow CD2 and it is very flat. Good flat S-line PDs can be hard to find. Would like to pick up an S-line CD2, but they seem to be hard to find, trying out the G-line right now. Picked up an Eagle Glow MD3 to test out, but it seemed to have near identical stability to my Glow Buzzz, has anyone else has this experience? May try a C-line or Glow MD4 for overstable mid duties soon, I would like something I can easily flick when needed. Also have an axiom proxy on the way to test out. This bag has been working great for me. I may test out some straight to neutral max distance drivers soon, I was thinking of trying out Tern, Shryke, DDX, Trespass, CD3.

Fairways
173 Elite Z Predator
171 Elite Z Predator
171 C-line Glow CD2
175 Color Glow FD
175 Metal Flake FD
175 S-line FD

Midranges
177 TI Wasp
178 Elite Z Glow Buzzz
177 Big Z Buzzz

Putters
175 VIP Harp
175 Bt Hard Harp
175 P P2
175 P P2

Sizing down the bag for the winter, giving the wasp another run.Only carrying one CD2 right now because Im trying to beat in my glow by the spring. Heres a pic of the bunch - the CD2

Switch from PD to CD2 was the way I went as well since the Pred covers the stable PD range well. The CD2 covers the straighter PD range so well. CD2 is seriously one of Discmanias best discs. Aside from never being a roadrunner fan your bag closely resembles mine from a couple years ago. Sometimes I miss it

I agree, I don't have huge power, so the CD2 is much easier distance for me than the PD. Even fresh star PDs start off moderately over stable for me. Really wish they would release an S-line production run of the CD2. I considered trying the Kaxe in place of the wasp. Is the Kaxe much different from a Glow Gazelle? I threw Glow Gazelles for a long time. Still have a few. I find 6 speeds a little easier to fh than the moderately overstable mids. The wasp takes some finesse for me on fh

Quick Update

Distance
171 S-line CD3
171 C-line CD3
166 Champion Tern

Fairway
173 Elite Z Predator
171 Elite Z Predator
171 C-line Glow CD2
175 Color Glow FD
175 Metal Flake FD
175 S-line FD

Midranges
177 TI Wasp
178 Elite Z Glow Buzzz
177 Big Z Buzzz

Putters
175 VIP Harp
175 Bt Hard Harp
175 P P2
175 P P2

Quick Update

Distance Drivers
Trying out Sheriffs right now

Control Drivers
175 Swirly S-line CD2
175 C-line CD2

Fairway Drivers
175 C-line Glow FD3
175 Proto S-line FD2
175 C-line FD
175 Metal Flake FD
175 D-line FD

Midranges
180 C-line MD4
177 Big Z Buzzz
180 P-line MD3 (Starting to break it in for turnovers)

Putters
175 VIP Harp
175 BT Hard Harp
175 P P2
175 P P2

Last edited:
I have a shield stamp metal flake that's warn in some. Its my go to (I have a few backups that all fly similar). I prefer the metal flakes because they're flat and firm, but they are slightly, and only slightly less stable than the new run of c-line FD with the poptop.The metal flake I have is perfect for hyzerflip to flat with almost no fade at the end (I throw them about 330'). If I throw it flat, I do get a nice turn.

I'm using the new run C-line right now which is gummy and poptop domey. It has better glide than the metal flake and slightly more fade, but I do not like the domey feel in the hand as much (The 6th run felt nicer than this new run to me), so it is mostly used as a backup or for shots where I may lose the metal flake, because the c-line is easy to replace.

Quick Update

Distance Drivers
175 Val Jenkins Z Thrasher
175 BigZ Thrasher

Control Drivers
175 Swirly S-line CD2 (More OS than the C-line, no turn for me)
175 C-line CD2

Fairway Drivers
175 C-line Glow FD3 (More OS than the Luster)
175 Luster FD3 (Workhorse FH disc right now to 330')
175 C-line FD (New embossed run, more OS than MF)
175 Metal Flake FD
175 D-line FD

Midranges
180 C-line MD4
177 Glow Z Buzzz (More OS than BigZ)
177 Big Z Buzzz (Workhorse mid)
165 GL Fuse

Putters
175 VIP Harp (Prefer this to the BT hard, especially for BH)
175 P P2
175 P P2

Quick Update, Been a While Since an Update

Distance Drivers
175 Star Wraith
175 Pro Wraith

Control Drivers
175 S-line CD2 (Picked up some dynastys as backups)
175 C-line CD2
175 Champion Roadrunner

Fairway Drivers
175 Quantum Calvin Draco
175 C-line FD2 First run
175 Color Glow Royal Rage FD2
175 Metal Flake FD

Midranges
180 C-line MD4
177 Big Z Buzzz
177 Z Buzzz (Workhorse mid)
178 ESP Buzzz