• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Soldier Bag

I want to pick up some shoulder straps for my Soldier bag. How are the Dynamic straps? Should I get another company's straps?

They're ok, but not great. They feel thin, to me, like they could use a bit more internal padding. I use DGA Gelz on mine and like them much better.

The DD ones are the same as all the others that don't say Phenix on them. They will get the job done but they are nothing special.

I like this bag because the Pete l putter pocket holds 3 discs, no problem: my two main putters and my Firebird. Then load the bag with 19-20 discs and you have a 22-23 disc capacity. For me, the inside carries 7 distance drivers, 7 fairway drivers and 5 mids. Obviously you could fit a few extra driver-type discs in place of the mids. And you can fit 2-3 on top of the 19-20, so the combinations are endless.

Last edited:
Is this the smallest production bag with two water bottle holders? I love my Grip, but want a smaller bag that doesn't cover my back for hot GA summer rounds.

Is this the smallest production bag with two water bottle holders? I love my Grip, but want a smaller bag that doesn't cover my back for hot GA summer rounds.

The Infinite Discs Large bag (linked if you click the picture) is about the same size, a few bucks cheaper, has a place marker pocket, and is well constructed. However, the putter pocket on Soldiers is definitely superior. For $13, I'd be hard pressed on a decision. To me, it'd honestly just come down to supporting the smaller company over the big Trilogy brand.

Cheers.

I have had the DD Soldier bag now since July. I coated the bottom with Plasti-Dip for a little extra protection and it has held up great so far. 3 to 4 days a week and multiple rounds each day. If you don't need a lot of extra storage this bag is great. I have the Innova backpack straps and it is totally comfortable. I carry 7 drivers, 5 mids, 2 putt and approach discs in the main and my go to putters in the pocket. I have a little room left in the main for towels the way I have the dividers. Wallet and keys go in one side pocket, Sharpie, hand sanitizer and pain pills in the other. Side pockets could hold more, but not much. $50.00 for the bag and $25 for the straps, $75.00 for the whole setup. Not bad since a better quality bag of the same type would would cost $60.00+ (Voodoo, Gorilla Boy, or Revo and the like) and you would still have to buy backpack straps. These would all be over $100.00. I would like to have bigger pockets to hold a hoodie and a few more items, but its coming up on winter here in Wisconsin so I'll be wearing that hoodie. This will get me through winter just fine. I'll save up for a nice backpack in the spring.

The DD Soldier fits my GGGT GoCart Perfectly. I went to the Soldier form a UPD Rebel, so I did lose a bit of disc space. Which I have to admit wasn't a Bad thing. Anyway, great bag the Soldier is. For the money, it is pretty tough to beat. I also really dig the assortment of colors and the two different designs you can get the Soldier in, too.