• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Soldier Bag

SteezeOG

Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
Ok I'm finally getting around to making the thread for this upcoming bag with the pictures that I posted in the dd shoes thread.

It's apparently called the Soldier and I would compare the size to the Innova Deluxe bag perhaps. I'll include a screenshot of a pic Emac posted to his Instagram with one of these in the finished configuration and a sweet yellow fracture color. The pics I took with the discs in it are from the original Ogio bag before DD requested the design changes.

2jfkft2.png

With 15 Swan putters and no moving of the channel dividers.

vid7wo.jpg

With 3 Giant distance drivers, 11 Stag fairway drivers, 3 Pain midrange drivers

2e1r77d.jpg

Will work with any quad straps including the DD branded straps by Ogio.

I was told the retail will be $45 which makes this a steal in my eyes. Dual water carriers, dual zippered storage pockets, great disc capacity, a zippered mesh pocket on the inside of the lid and a nice 2 disc putter pocket on the front. This is my next bag purchase and hopefully is coming soon so I can use it all summer.

Discuss.

Shoutout to Ralph! The most stoic and coolest photo bombing dog in all of disc golf.

I have honestly been liking the ranger a little more lately.

I have honestly been liking the ranger a little more lately.

They're a lot sturdier and well built these days from what I can tell. I thought the first ones were ok but I had the grip and couldn't wait on the ranger. I heard the complaints of sagging and not being durable and what not. I've got friends I play with though who all have new rangers and those things are stout. They stand great and are wearing great. The zippers work better than my Grip L frame and I'm super jealous of the storage. I still have them beat on dual water storage but they are great backpacks now. I'm still going to keep my grip because the warranty doesn't transfer to anyone who would buy it but I will get a ranger if they decide to do green eventually. I'm all over this soldier bag though. I'm going to be in that shop first thing tomorrow morning asking when I can buy one. I want it for small tournaments and hot summer rounds. I like that yellow too.

Any organization to the zippered pockets, or just an open cavern?

Don't know but I'll ask to see one if I can't buy one tomorrow. They're not giant pockets though so I can see not adding any small compartments on the inside.

I don't have a release date that's why I hope to ask tomorrow. No to the other pictures also I took the ones I could last time and the yellow one is just what Eric posted to his Instagram. I'm sure when they get close to release there will be a picture in the email to dealers and maybe added to the site. I'll try to find out what I can and update here if I find out anything new. For now you guys know as much as I do. Except holding it and feeling the weight. All I can say about that is it felt light and well made. Enough so that I'm going to put down my money on one asap.

Cool, I like the idea of a double water holder. If you can find out what can be crammed in the sides that would be awesome.

Nice looking little bag. If it carries the same warranty as the other bags, with the same color options, it could take some serious business from Fade's tourney bag.

The Soldier looks great and Im sure it is. Dynamic Discs and Ogio both make great bags. Looks like it will hold roughly the same amount of discs as the ranger bag, but won't have the extra storage and comfort of the Ranger Backpack.

Very viable option for those who don't want a backpack style bag…

Do you know what the deal with the "hole" in the bottom of the putter pocket is?

Do you know what the deal with the "hole" in the bottom of the putter pocket is?

Looks cool seeing more of your disc/color, a little less weight for the bag (very little), can pop your disc out from the bottom while carrying your bag, design ascetics?

I don't know… Actually I do know, it just dawned on me… It allows the disc to sit lower than if their was fabric straight across. Great job Dynamic!

I don't think you should be able to pull it out of the bottom, otherwise eventually once it's stretched out your discs could fall through. It does look cool, but I was wondering if there was a reason behind it other than visual appeal.

I don't think you should be able to pull it out of the bottom, otherwise eventually once it's stretched out your discs could fall through. It does look cool, but I was wondering if there was a reason behind it other than visual appeal.

You can't pull it thru the bottom, pretty sure it's just there for looks. They do the same thing on their Sniper bag. It doesn't affect where the putter sits in the pocket.

I doubt these will be $45, the Sniper bag is $40. Looks like a decent replacement for my Revo if/when it wears out.

Latest posts