• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] DD3

I believe both rims are 23mm

I would not be surprised if when Innova first sent a Destroyer in to be approved, they made sure it was one with a 2.2 measurement. I think the Destroyer was the first "12 speed" disc, and they probably did not want to have such a dramatic jump up from the Wraith of 2.1.

DD3 (Cloud Breaker, Distance Driver) from Discmania

Not sure why people are calling DD3s another Destroyer, DD3s do not feel like Destroyers in the hand, do not throw like Destroyers, and guess what, are closer to a PD2 than a Destroyer.

Couldn't agree more! I bag these as a replacement to the bomber run PD2s. I had some old SPD2s that I had beat in that were what I would call typical OS for PD2s, it seems like the newer runs are getting more and more OS. These runs of the S line flew similar to the glow PD2s (which are generally less stable).

I bag this disc for distance hyzers or distance flex shots. I love PD2s but I don't have the arm for using them as distance drivers and guess what, I don't have the arm for using the DD3 as a distance driver either. I use it for wind control or power hyzers.

My first comment after throwing one of this is "this is more PD2 than DD2". I keep a swirly PD2 for super beef and a SDD3 for hyzers/flexes.

What's the difference between the DD3 and DDX? Rim bigger or smaller? Same depth?

Well, I hope Discmania learned their lesson. They could have made much more money by raising the price; obviously the clearing price was much higher than what they had set.

Eagle said there won't be a restock until Septemberish. I got one to throw but now I will probably have to sell it. Can't pass up a $30 profit if that's what they keep selling for.

I wasn't in the market for one of these, but I really hate seeing this business model coming to disc golf. Honestly makes me want to drop Discmania altogether.

I wasn't in the market for one of these, but I really hate seeing this business model coming to disc golf. Honestly makes me want to drop Discmania altogether.

It's getting hard to argue since it is so easy to prevent people from buying bunches of the just to resell.

Limit 2 per customer. Boom problem solved.

It's getting hard to argue since it is so easy to prevent people from buying bunches of the just to resell.

Limit 2 per customer. Boom problem solved.

That doesn't necessarily solve the problem, it just makes it harder to do. Multiple devices would still let it go through probably. Would have to do something like Limit 2 per mailing address instead.

I'm throwing mine (168g) and did a few times today
It will ultimately (maybe?) be my go-to once it beats in just a touch - it's a bit longer than a Fuzion Trespass (which is my current BH main distance driver - 330ish flat ground and sea level) for me when I get both cheeks into it

YMMV

Last edited:
I believe discs need to be thrown so I am throwing mine no matter the price. Also I hate seeing this large mark up resell market becoming more prevalent with limited releases, but if you have the money i guess why not. I'm also a lower key sneaker head so this stuff never surprises me. Just look up the price on the Off White Jordan 1 Chicago... That stuff is ridiculous.

It's mind blowing that companies will make things in such a limited number that they sell out immediately. Why wouldn't you double the amount you make, and double your profit?

It's mind blowing that companies will make things in such a limited number that they sell out immediately. Why wouldn't you double the amount you make, and double your profit?

It's not linear. Sometimes less overall products will actually sell more. There is both an art and a science to know how many and how much to sell for that will move the most products.

It appears that Discmania made the error in the price point instead of the production number. The discs would have cleared at a higher price.

That's one of the growing pains when you have somebody else manufacturing your discs. They've said previously that production runs are often scheduled months in advance. So between trying to estimate demand but also not using all of your production time on one specific product I'd guess it's not as easy as you'd expect.

Latest posts