• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Death of Otter Creek Park

I agree and would be happy to pay $5 a car. I don't mind paying $5 a car at Buffalo Trace (Palmyra, IN, which by the way is free right now - the camp office is borded up for the winter) or $5 a person at the Fun Farm in Corydon, IN. We are so lucky that this sport is free (for the most part). Contributing $5 a car to keep Otter Creek open would be fine by me. I wonder if the officials even thought of that before shutting it down?

I agree and would be happy to pay $5 a car. I don't mind paying $5 a car at Buffalo Trace (Palmyra, IN, which by the way is free right now - the camp office is borded up for the winter) or $5 a person at the Fun Farm in Corydon, IN. We are so lucky that this sport is free (for the most part). Contributing $5 a car to keep Otter Creek open would be fine by me. I wonder if the officials even thought of that before shutting it down?

i was just going to comment on Buffalo Trace...they charge, and people still go there...

just saw on courier-journal.com that they have postponed the closing until january 1, 2009...gives us a couple more weeks to play it at least...

That's great news, Taylorsville isn't too far away at all. Also they've been working on a course at Lake Shelby in Shelbyville for a while now, but I'm not sure when it will be complete.

And here's more good news, it looks like the state might take Otter Creek and make it a state park.
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20081203/NEWS01/812030695

The park marketing (truth spinning) lady's statement that the park is losing so much money sounds bogus to me. Since when do city parks make money? They are for the recreational benefit of the citizenry! Never been there, but it sounds like a wonderful park and a great loss. Good luck to y'all in the area on getting it back, or a good replacement course at least.
Resurrection? Just two weeks ago the Eau Claire WI city council approved plans for a new park to be called Otter Creek Park with an 18 hole tournament level disc golf course to be developed there.

Thanks to the people that came up with the good idea to make extinct course info available, Otter Creek will live on online here on DGCR. Although it always sucks when a course goes gray :(

Thanks to the people that came up with the good idea to make extinct course info available, Otter Creek will live on online here on DGCR. Although it always sucks when a course goes gray :(
Great idea and it looks great! Hopefully we'll bring it back to life in the future. It nearly brought a tear to my eye to see it like that though. :(

If things get worked out and the dg course is revived do we have to re-enter the info since it has been tagged as extinct?

sad day,history going out the window and they probably dont even know or care.OC is certainly a DG landmark and will be missed.

On a little brighter note I live in Paducah and we have had 6 courses built in the last 2 years within an hour of here.you guys need to come ck out what the western part of the state has to offer,you wont be disappointed.

Latest posts