• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Definition of being "Dela'd"

MurderMike41370

Birdie Member
Here's just a little teaser video from Masters cup at DeLaveaga DGC.
I have LOTS and LOTS more to come, Enjoy...

If you've been to DeLaveaga, one of the sickest disc golf courses in California, then you have most certainly heard the term "I got dela'd (an explanation for a bad shot or round at the course)
This poor chap on the famous top of the world shot hole 27 was having a very bad 3rd round during the 2012 Masters Cup. He decided to exercise the message that is written in marker by the tee pad, "THROW YOUR BAG"......Literally.

He hardly got Dela'd. He didn't have a perfect up shot that caught an edge and rolled 200 feet away from the basket.

^^^^ Running to the field to practice my bag throwing technique.
*Remembers to grab video camera.

713-why-u-mad-thou.jpg

I would have LOVED to have been in that guy's group, he would here about that before every shot he threw. I don't normally talk trash but you pull a moron move like that & I'm gonna ride you hard. I would have been on him like a fat kid on cake!

get a TRIPOD!!!!!!!! Im sea sick now. Also he didnt get de La special treatment, he just can't drive.

He threw his bag right into the big poison oak bush!!! You can see that bright green glistening oily-leafed bastard all the way from the parking lot.

Anyways, I agree that this guy did not get DeLa'd. His drive was laid up for an easy par, which you'll be content to take any day of the week on that hole. In fact, in a strong headwind I throw that kind of shot on purpose (under-stable plastic) to get a roll into the neighborhood and easy three-zy.

Would that be a 2 stroke penalty per disc in the bag or 3 stroke penalty per disc in the bag? Plus a warning for unsportsmanlike conduct.

I have a hard time believing that the bag toss was the result of this one drive, the drive itself isn't bad. I imagine, after a stretch of several bad holes dude says "If I don't park this drive I'm going to chuck my bag"; or after making the poor drive "F*(K!! I could probably get closer than that with my entire bag"..."20 bucks says you can't"...

What a baby. Dude is in Santa Cruz throwing frisbees and acting like a child.
Come on!!! Grow a set and act like a man. Obviously this guy is not as good as he
thinks he is.

Well technically according to all the old timers like my old man, none of us young guys act like men. We don't pay for everything for a woman and keep her a$$ at home barefoot and pregnant. We let them drive and leave the house without our say so and if they do leave without my permission I give her one in the chops. That is acting like a real man and growing a pair instead of whining how much you hate your wifes wrong doing, just knock her a$$ our lol. I guess my analogy is this guy did grow a pair. I have played with guys who start getting mad, we are human who doesnt with a poor round and even people who act like they want to throw discs or their bag but this guy had the balls to pull this one off in a NT!!!!

yeah so overall not a very good drive, but with that roll he's set up for an easy 3.

to me, 'being de la'd' means you threw either your drive or upshot near the basket, but the disc hits a root or a rock or something and gets on its edge. it then proceeds to roll a long way down a hill or into the rough behind a tree.

Getting de la'd means you had a bad kick or roll on a shot that otherwise was pretty good.

to me, 'being de la'd' means you threw either your drive or upshot near the basket, but the disc hits a root or a rock or something and gets on its edge. it then proceeds to roll a long way down a hill or into the rough behind a tree.

Getting de la'd means you had a bad kick or roll on a shot that otherwise was pretty good.

QFT. This IS indeed the definition of "being De La'd"