• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Definitive guide to identifying Champion Edition disc runs...

What is this disc?

Hello,

Does anyone have any info on the red teebird in the bottom left of the following picture? I'm selling off my collection of CE plastic on ebay, and I want to make sure I give accurate info on this one. They were handed out in 2003 during the 5th run of CE, but the rumor was that they were made out of the last of the first-run plastic. It's less opaque than the first run discs, but it has the same striation seen in the first run that shows up a bit in the second picture. Thoughts?

Thanks!

PC234286_zps027ce529.jpg

PC234288_zpsfc3f8913.jpg

I'm guessing here, but it looks more like a 4th run from the pic with the light through it. Also, true TBs were only made in the later runs, so it would have to be a TL to be first run I imagine.

Thanks skybird,

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it is a TL (and it is domey-er than my 4th and 5th run T's), which is part of the mystery since the disc was given out in 2003...

It definitely looks too opaque to be a final run. Are there any markings on the back? The color and opacity remind me of the early runs of opaque KC Pro/candy pro/proline that you rarely see.

Last edited:
Getting ready to post an auction for this CE Firebird and I could use a little help with identifying the run and mold. Says F in the middle by the weight. Thanks

img0416ar.jpg

img0418wg.jpg

Please do not take offence to this but your initial posts about what is a 1st run is incorrect concerning colors. 1st run Eagles, Leopards, Teebirds and Firebirds were only produced in red. This is straight from Dunipace when asked about it on the PDGA site back in 03 and has been confirmed by Wisecup amd Selinske.

Concerning the 1st run Valks there were only 2 colors ran in the initial batch, red and blue. There were also no stock stamped 1st run blues. Only 1st run stamps on blues were the "proto" star, Zonedriven and the 2001 icebowl. With about 2 dozen each of the ZD and icebowl. And true blue 1st runs were marked a little different than the reds or any other Valk. The VK is combined.

The comment about the mold and weight markings should state that the mold outside the circle marking made it halfway through the 2nd run.

1st appearance of the 1st run CE Valks was in October,2000 at the SoCal am championships.

Attachments

• Cnv0212 (2).jpg
    Cnv0212 (2).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 76
Hey rick, I'm planning to update this thread when I have time but have been overwhelmed since before Christmas, thanks for the info as always...

y'know, the guy who signed your disc is the guy to ask.... Rick Black is the man with CE....
however, post a pic of the front?

Are there 2 diffrent blends of 01 ce rocs? I just got another and one I have is more matte finish nice feel. The other one is tacky/taffy if you will(like 4th run valks). Also the "CE Yellow" is off in color a tinge.

this may sound dumb but maybe list the cost/sell/collectablility difference between each run...... just a sugg

Its the same disc. Same stamp color same weight just one feels slick and tacky/waxy and other is soft and gritty.

Latest posts