• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Definitive guide to identifying Champion Edition disc runs...

The one stamp is from December 2003 and I am pretty sure the other one is from 2004. But they could still be zipper tops right?

possible but not likely on the 2003 and almost definitely not on the 2004.

I have a white KC Pro Eagle, 11x, that I bought when it came out (2001 or so?). Not CE as outlined in the f_rst p_st (heh! I'm a Fark.com visitor too!), but it <i>feels</i> like champion plastic. Slippery and hard instead of the usual tacky pro grip, and it didn't glide and fly at all like the DX Eagles I liked back then. It would instead die and fall off left like something much more stable, like a Banshee or something. Consequently, it's still in almost new condition...

As was said earlier about CE Q-Omega's, they are quite varied. I have two Zonedriven stamp yellows, had two Sandy Point mini-stamps, one blueberry, one hot pink, one Millenium Discs barstamp white, a 2002 World's teal and a white Millenium X-out. It's quite obvious if it's CE-Q, everything after was Champion-Quantum. Every CE-Q Omega that I've seen has a whitish descrepancy in the middle-top above the nipple, like a little air or cooling in the mold. They are quite obvious next to a CE Aviar, the Aviars are usually much cleaner. They are unique. They have a more opaque look and feel softer, but quite similar plastic to a 5th run FX.

I realize that this thread is dedicated to stock stamped CE, but it seems to be expanding a bit so I wanted to ask about these...

44158_lg.jpg

To my knowledge, these Valkyries were released in the 2001 USDGC player's pack. I have heard them called 1st run CE on numerous occassions. However, they are marked inside the circle with the weight and "VK" written in the same size script. They are also very "taffy-like" and all factory dyed, leading me to believe that they are 3rd runs. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Curious about this: I have a yellow CE TL that is marked like this:

attachment.php

As you can see the weight isn't written huge like 1st runs, but the TL is outside the circle like 1st runs.

It seems to be a little less dayglowy and a little more yellow compared to my other 2nd runs. It is pretty opaque, it does have streaks.

My guess is it is an early 2nd run, but since it does have signs of a 1st run, wanted to see if anyone had a differing educated opinion.

Attachments

• X.JPG
    X.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 368
What about this one.

Orange with multi color stamp--175G annd the writing on the back reads L 175 and everything is on the side of the nipple circle.

Attachments

• CE leo.JPG
    CE leo.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 53
I realize that this thread is dedicated to stock stamped CE, but it seems to be expanding a bit so I wanted to ask about these...

44158_lg.jpg

To my knowledge, these Valkyries were released in the 2001 USDGC player's pack. I have heard them called 1st run CE on numerous occassions. However, they are marked inside the circle with the weight and "VK" written in the same size script. They are also very "taffy-like" and all factory dyed, leading me to believe that they are 3rd runs. Thoughts?

IIRC, these are 2001.

Curious about this: I have a yellow CE TL that is marked like this:

attachment.php

As you can see the weight isn't written huge like 1st runs, but the TL is outside the circle like 1st runs.

It seems to be a little less dayglowy and a little more yellow compared to my other 2nd runs. It is pretty opaque, it does have streaks.

My guess is it is an early 2nd run, but since it does have signs of a 1st run, wanted to see if anyone had a differing educated opinion.

there are first run yellows... I would go with late first, early 2nd run.

What Firebird Run?

Can anyone tell me what run this 172 FX Firebird is and what it may be worth?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 58
What time frame was each run made? When did the 1st run CE's hit the mart? Thanks!

Awesome thread!

Can anyone tell me what run this 172 FX Firebird is and what it may be worth?

Looks like a 4th run to me from the glare of the flash but it's hard to be sure from the pic. 3rd runs are extremely taffy and opaque. They are marked "FX". 4th runs FXs are marked "F" and have a slicker feel to them.

Latest posts