• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Des Reading shoots 1039 rated round, one of the top rated rounds all time for women

Jamie's actually posted in this thread. Maybe he can shed some light on why he and his team don't cover any women's rounds. (guilt, guilt guilt!!!)

Jamie's actually posted in this thread. Maybe he can shed some light on why he and his team don't cover any women's rounds. (guilt, guilt guilt!!!)

I want to say it had something to do with man power. Since they seem to cover the BIG events (Majors/NTs), it seems the pro men are really what people want to see and they don't have a big enough team to do both. Maybe???

Cat Allen's 44 at Bradford Shorts was the record for course SSA 48-54.
It appears that Wilco has a course SSA of just over 55, and Des's 1039 would be the rcord in that range if that score stands as official. But you are right in that 1039 is third highest listed. The 1058 & 1048 that bested her 1039 are both in SSA <54. Plus the list was last updated in December 2013, there's still 1 1/2 years missing.

FWIW, because of weather restrictions, Des shot her 44 at Brushy Creek MUD DGC aka "Cat Hollow" So not quite as amazing. (but still much better than I could hope for) My best round at Cat Hollow was a 52 a couple of months ago, but locals who are better than me routinely shoot in the low 50's or upper 40's.

I want to say it had something to do with man power. Since they seem to cover the BIG events (Majors/NTs), it seems the pro men are really what people want to see and they don't have a big enough team to do both. Maybe???

As far as tournament coverage, yes it boils down to exactly this. SpinTV is only two people, and one lives in Finland.

SpinTV doesn't focus on tournament coverage, we provide many types of videos that other channels don't, which is what sets us apart from other channels and I believe is what has made us the most viewed and most subscribed YouTube channel for disc golf. We sincerely appreciate the clamor for more of our tournament coverage, and we're doing what we can to increase our output without decreasing our quality.

As far as tournament coverage, yes it boils down to exactly this. SpinTV is only two people, and one lives in Finland.

SpinTV doesn't focus on tournament coverage, we provide many types of videos that other channels don't, which is what sets us apart from other channels and I believe is what has made us the most viewed and most subscribed YouTube channel for disc golf. We sincerely appreciate the clamor for more of our tournament coverage, and we're doing what we can to increase our output without decreasing our quality.

Does this mean you'll be caddying(?) for Simon during the season more than filming rounds? What do you typically do during events if not filming?

^I am seriously asking out of curiosity, not trying to tell you how to spend your time or criticize.

Does this mean you'll be caddying(?) for Simon during the season more than filming rounds? What do you typically do during events if not filming?

^I am seriously asking out of curiosity, not trying to tell you how to spend your time or criticize.

No worries, happy to shed light:

Typically it's filming other types of videos. For example I shot the "Save Jarva" video during the 2014 European Masters tournament. I was interviewing tournament staff and Mats (course designer) while the pros were out playing.

If I don't have anything to do during the rounds I'll caddy on occasion, and shoot footage with players before/after the round.

...and then once in a while we shoot videos that don't work out. We have concepts that we like but the execution doesn't pan out (maybe peoples schedules change last minute, weather doesn't cooperate, etc.). We won't put up anything that doesn't meet our quality standards.

Cat Allen's 44 at Bradford Shorts was the record for course SSA 48-54.
It appears that Wilco has a course SSA of just over 55, and Des's 1039 would be the rcord in that range if that score stands as official. But you are right in that 1039 is third highest listed. The 1058 & 1048 that bested her 1039 are both in SSA <54. Plus the list was last updated in December 2013, there's still 1 1/2 years missing.

FWIW, because of weather restrictions, Des shot her 44 at Brushy Creek MUD DGC aka "Cat Hollow" So not quite as amazing. (but still much better than I could hope for) My best round at Cat Hollow was a 52 a couple of months ago, but locals who are better than me routinely shoot in the low 50's or upper 40's.

AHHH, big difference if it's at Brushy Creek. As Chuck alluded to, the SSA at Brushy Creek is more like 47.4, so Des's 1039 would be the women's record in the under 48 SSA category

Yes, the 44 was at Brushy Creek... I'm surprised they opened Wilco on Sunday since a huge storm came through Austin Saturday night. Must not have been much rain in that area.

Latest posts