• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

swirly ds on the left vs. first run ds on the right
20121220_183137.jpg

swirly ds on left vs avery stamped ds on right
20121220_183153.jpg

I have a domey aj that is crazy overstable. It's like 168 and is a natural beauty with nice swirls in the plastic.

I just purchased 3 New Stars that fit your description. i got a 169, 170, and 171g. The 169 and 170 are swirly and look to have a bit of champ in them. The 171 looks to be solid neon yellow without the swirly plastic. Havent had a chance to throw them yet but I cant imagine they would be anymore overstable than the poppy top Champions and rainbow stamp Avery Star I've got.

I got a 158 blizz destroyer from a buddy and its become my goto driver. What's youse guyses' feeling on da blizz?

Meh, not for me but then again I throw mostly max weight. I haven't really ever been able to get super light discs to do what I want, could be my form or whatever but heavy discs work better for me

My destroyer love started about 5 years ago. They were making champion fund raiser destroyers, the domey ones were great for long s shots. Now i keep a 175 champ for headwinds and a 163 champ (non blizzard) to get the extra distance, an S shot, or a finessed accuracy shot. Star, pro, and whatever else either doesn't leave my hand as awesome as champs or I simply haven't tried em. I smother my destroyers with love, I figure thats why they all eventually leave me.

I have a Blizzard Champion Destroyer (138g) and it flies FAR. I can throw it over 400 feet, and I'm only fifteen. I used to have a max weight Champion Destroyer which flew very far into any wind and farther with tailwind. Looking forward to trying a blizzard Boss because they are very similar, but the Boss is even faster.

Same idea as me Jonathan. I nabbed a xout 138 blizz boss to throw out by the lake course at Winthrop, heard they float under 140. Haven't had a chance to tug on it yet tho.

I have a Blizzard Champion Destroyer (138g) and it flies FAR. I can throw it over 400 feet, and I'm only fifteen. I used to have a max weight Champion Destroyer which flew very far into any wind and farther with tailwind. Looking forward to trying a blizzard Boss because they are very similar, but the Boss is even faster.
It's funny, I can throw Destroyers fine. Give me a Boss, and even in very light Blizz, I can do nothing with it.

Anyone else throwing the Destroyers with the new AJ stamp? I have a swirly sky blue 170 that I'm liking so far. Seems pretty overstable, but this is my first Destroyer so I'm not sure how it would compare to a "good" one.