• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I got a few of the echo star destroyer in and they were not kidding with the dome descriptions. The yellow ones have got to have the most dome I have seen on any disc ever. The orange are the flattest that I received and they still have some pop to them. The golden yellows are somewhere in the middle. All of them have VERY flat rims and a very low PLH.

I got a few of the echo star destroyer in and they were not kidding with the dome descriptions. The yellow ones have got to have the most dome I have seen on any disc ever. The orange are the flattest that I received and they still have some pop to them. The golden yellows are somewhere in the middle. All of them have VERY flat rims and a very low PLH.

The 1 E* Destroyer I have is yellow and has a HUGE dome. Much domier than other star Destroyers.

It flies somewhat understable. It will definitely turn. It has a mellow late fade too. Overall it bombs. Just wouldn't work in a headwind.

I have a couple E* Bosses that are really flat. They look more like Vulcans.... and fly like them too. Flippy and uncontrollable. I'm not a fan.

Had a chance to throw them?

In the Central Coast Disc Golf Las Vegas Challenge round 3 part 1 video, (10:04 mark in video below) which came out today, Nate Sexton mentions problems that Innova has had with the new Star Destroyers. Specifically, that the discs have weight problems, and Innova has been recalling some of these discs.

Anyone have any info on this?

Last edited:
In the Central Coast Disc Golf Las Vegas Challenge round 3 part 1 video, (10:04 mark in video below) which came out today, Nate Sexton mentions problems that Innova has had with the new Star Destroyers. Specifically, that the discs have weight problems, and Innova has been recalling some of these discs.

Anyone have any info on this?

https://www.innovadiscs.com/innova-news/2020-signature-wysocki-sockibot-destroyer-175g-recall-notice/

https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/f6v0ew/psa_check_the_weight_of_your_new_ricky_destroyers/

Ha ha. Looks like both Infinite Discs and Disc Golf Center suddenly sold out of all their new max weight Wysocki Destroyers. Folks are thinking they may become collector items perhaps?

Ricky's throwing a Halo Star Destroyer @ LVC. They're going to sell A LOT of those.

Ha ha. Looks like both Infinite Discs and Disc Golf Center suddenly sold out of all their new max weight Wysocki Destroyers. Folks are thinking they may become collector items perhaps?

That or those companies sent those Max weight Ricky Destroyer discs back to Innova and just did a easy sold out on the disc.

Ricky's throwing a Halo Star Destroyer @ LVC. They're going to sell A LOT of those.

They look pretty sweet but the one he was throwing looked STABLE, I have a halo Valkyrie and it is quite stable, I personally don't think I'll get one because I'm not looking for super OS destroyers... But looks do sell so they will probably sell out very fast

Anyone throwing the new Rickys (that weren't recalled) yet? I read somewhere that they have a zipper top, implying there may be a new mold piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone throwing the new Rickys (that weren't recalled) yet? I read somewhere that they have a zipper top, implying there may be a new mold piece.

Recalled? Why? Is this a Lyme disease thing?

Oh boy, new Destro mold piece! Stock up on the "old mold" glass tops while they're cheap ;)

Recalled? Why? Is this a Lyme disease thing?

Oh boy, new Destro mold piece! Stock up on the "old mold" glass tops while they're cheap ;)

I don't think discs can get Lyme disease. Perhaps Coronavirus?

Some destroyers left the factory overweight, and they were thus recalled.

Interesting. Crazy that they'd ship and recall an entire batch. When they have the option to...you know...factory weigh a small fraction of each run, just to make sure they're legal.

Like, that's a pretty common industry process for manufacturing. Run a big batch with the same QA/QC, test a few for compliance, certify the whole lot.

Sample size of one. It was a destroyer. It actually flew quite like the numbers though for me. It showed a little bit of turn and then a strong fade. The fact it turned a little out of the box is something I didn't expect, but I am ok with it.

Latest posts