• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Aftershock: A 2009 Worlds Fundraiser Disc

I got 6 of these in the mail yesterday: 4 Sparkles (2 yellow, 2 white) and 2 of the ESP material ones. Plastic wise, they feel very good. They all look to have molded up similar; all have a slight gradual dome.

As for their shape: Imagine a comet without as big a bead with a slightly smaller diameter.

Denver Discer said:
Shockwave = Torque

Just found this.

http://www.discraft.com/news_dg061031.html

"Disc Sports manufacturer Discraft announced today an immediate halt to production of its latest disc golf midrange model, the Torque. The resulting limited numbers of these discs has already generated trading interest from disc collectors, many of whom highly value rare discs.

"We simply couldn't get a consistent production run for the Torque," said Discraft president and lead disc designer Jim Kenner."

I wonder if ESP was the problem. If not I wonder if this means the end of the Shockwave as well?

That article got published a while back.

No more Shockware/Torque talk in my thread.

Instead, go buy a Aftershock, and help KC Worlds have the biggest purse in disc golf. A chance to win 9 Mach III's isn't too bad either :).

So is an Aftershock like a 1st run Shockwave?? I think I remember hearing a rumor that they were going to keep producing the 1st run shockwave mold under a different name shortly after the regular production runs came out and were much more stable.