• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Love?

Squall was always the disc in the DGA line-up that tempted me.

Seen this run yet?

attachment.php

wow colored sparkles. Not a fan but love the mold great disc for wooded courses.

Marshall Street had a sale so I picked up 2 SP Tsunamis (hoping they'll break in after a year or two...) and got a nice Pipeline. The pro plastic seems a lot like Ti. I'm looking forward to the pipeline

I'm bagging a riptide again that I had in a box in the closet. Got an offer on the avenger I had and its kind of filling that slot of no turn and not too much fade.

Riptide is a great disc never understood why it wasn't more popular. It seem like they could try re-releasing it now with to popularity of other disc that are similar like the thunderbird and the convict.

I picked up a pipeline as the leopard/river spot and it works perfectly. Hyzerflips beautifully and nice turnover lines.

found a proline rogue in a used bin 9/10 in the mid 160's where i like them what a great mold the rogue is it should be in more bags.

Marshall Street had a sale so I picked up 2 SP Tsunamis (hoping they'll break in after a year or two...) and got a nice Pipeline. The pro plastic seems a lot like Ti. I'm looking forward to the pipeline

I picked up a pipeline as the leopard/river spot and it works perfectly. Hyzerflips beautifully and nice turnover lines.

How far do you throw your Pipeline, and how is it working for you? I'm asking because my previous research on the Pipeline suggested it's more Teebird-ish than Leopard-ish. So what's the story asked on your experiences?

found a proline rogue in a used bin 9/10 in the mid 160's where i like them what a great mold the rogue is it should be in more bags.

Agreed. Picked up my old SP Rogue and was throwing it just yesterday. Was flying like my more neutral Undertakers, just a smidge farther. Has a nearly identical shape. Just a couple centimeters larger wing. I'm picking up a couple Prolines once I find some in hot pink. For days when the course is feeling longer then it is.

How far do you throw your Pipeline, and how is it working for you? I'm asking because my previous research on the Pipeline suggested it's more Teebird-ish than Leopard-ish. So what's the story asked on your experiences?

I don't really throw the Pipeline for distance, but I can throw it 330' or so pretty easily. It has some nice turn but isn't flippy. I've thrown it over 350' at least a couple times, though I wouldn't choose it for that shot. All I can say is that it's "smooth." It's very easy to throw. Compared to Teebirds I've thrown, (which sadly isn't many, though I like heavy Star so they tend to be beefy) the Pipeline is way less overstable. Maybe the Leopard is a better comparison, but I think the Pipeline is noticeably faster. I'd say Leopards are flippier than Pipelines, and not really a good comparison, but if I had to pick Leopard vs. Teebird, I'd say a Pipeline is closer to the Leo.

To be honest, I still haven't figured out how to use the disc on the course. But I keep it in the bag and throw it on lots of holes as a second practice shot. I think it shines on hyzer-flipped straight shots, whereas a Leopard does well on L to R shots, and a Teebird does well on straight to fade. It's a great disc, and I wish others would try it more. I haven't even thrown a TL, but it flies a bit like I imagine a TL should.

I don't really throw the Pipeline for distance, but I can throw it 330' or so pretty easily. It has some nice turn but isn't flippy. I've thrown it over 350' at least a couple times, though I wouldn't choose it for that shot. All I can say is that it's "smooth." It's very easy to throw. Compared to Teebirds I've thrown, (which sadly isn't many, though I like heavy Star so they tend to be beefy) the Pipeline is way less overstable. Maybe the Leopard is a better comparison, but I think the Pipeline is noticeably faster. I'd say Leopards are flippier than Pipelines, and not really a good comparison, but if I had to pick Leopard vs. Teebird, I'd say a Pipeline is closer to the Leo.

To be honest, I still haven't figured out how to use the disc on the course. But I keep it in the bag and throw it on lots of holes as a second practice shot. I think it shines on hyzer-flipped straight shots, whereas a Leopard does well on L to R shots, and a Teebird does well on straight to fade. It's a great disc, and I wish others would try it more. I haven't even thrown a TL, but it flies a bit like I imagine a TL should.

Thanks for the response. I would not be surprised if the Pipeline was very much like the TL and the Star TL3.

Have you thrown the SP Pipeline? My SPs at 173g we're flippier than my Prolines at 169g. Which was too bad, because I was hoping to bag only Pipelines in the fairway slot.

Have you thrown the SP Pipeline? My SPs at 173g we're flippier than my Prolines at 169g. Which was too bad, because I was hoping to bag only Pipelines in the fairway slot.

I haven't thrown the SP, and I've only thrown the one Proline. I'd imagine there are more overstable SPs out there, or that there will be with some more runs.

Maybe the Proline in upper 160s is just a winner of a disc. I'd have to try more to know for sure.

Thanks for the response. I would not be surprised if the Pipeline was very much like the TL and the Star TL3.

I do think this is a disc you'd like a lot. It might have some overlap with discs you already have, but I want you to buy one just so you can tell me how you like it and what spot it fills in your bag!

Only DGA disc I've dealt with much is the Torrent. Bagged one for a long time and I love it. One of the premier long distance drivers on the market. Very fast, great glide, and superb distance. Good plastic blend too. Very durable.

I never see Torrents around either, which is surprising. Comparable to a Nuke, but maybe a tick faster.

I know a player of disc golf From my town Jay Blount who uses the Gumputt's both the Blunt and the Gumputt Powerdrivers as his putters, the Gumputt Powerdriver is his longer putter. He loves the discs, I do not see how he plays in South Dakota with the wind with such a floppy discs. He also had a Blowfly II for a driving Putter. He had one of the midrange discs the Squall, till the Impact came out in 2007, he now uses the Impact as his long midrange to short approach shot but more for his Tunnel shots. He has a nice disc golf course on his own property baskets with older PDGA specs out of welded Re-bar.

Last edited:
Only DGA disc I've dealt with much is the Torrent. Bagged one for a long time and I love it. One of the premier long distance drivers on the market. Very fast, great glide, and superb distance. Good plastic blend too. Very durable.

I never see Torrents around either, which is surprising. Comparable to a Nuke, but maybe a tick faster.

Must not be the super flat Torrent...
I loved my First Run with a little dome, but the Flat Run is more OS and less usable than a flick...

Must not be the super flat Torrent...
I loved my First Run with a little dome, but the Flat Run is more OS and less usable than a flick...

I ended up with a flat Torrent in a trade and hated it. No glide, no distance, and super overstable. The Torrent I keep in the bag has some dome and flies like a broken in Z Nuke. Great long distance bomber. Very consistent.

Latest posts