• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach VII

^^^ Full sized baskets are the best for practice. The putts that are slightly off will end up in the bottom of the basket and not past the basket on the ground. You can still aim small. It's easy to tell when you aren't hitting dead center, unless you have horrendous vision, and you won't spend as much energy and time picking up discs off the ground.

The only thing bullseye style baskets do, is decrease the amount of practice putts/increase the time of a practice session.

^^^ Full sized baskets are the best for practice. The putts that are slightly off will end up in the bottom of the basket and not past the basket on the ground. You can still aim small. It's easy to tell when you aren't hitting dead center, unless you have horrendous vision, and you won't spend as much energy and time picking up discs off the ground.

The only thing bullseye style baskets do, is decrease the amount of practice putts/increase the time of a practice session.

Very interesting!

The cone basket is full sized to a Chain basket, just harder to make putts on. It would help me so I know on a Full sized basket where to putt for easy most forgiving putts.

Has anybody seen these on a course yet? Or maybe a practice spot?

An additional thought about the angled top - With this design, hyzers coming in from deep won't get completely brutalized by the top band. I've had plenty of base plastic discs chunked up by that sharp edge after what would have been a very nice shot.

Agreed about the full size baskets. I know whether a putt is good or not. Where it comes to rest in practice is the least of my concerns compared to hitting the heart of the chains. And I don't break my back picking a bunch of putters off the ground scattered around the basket.

Also easy on some of the Full sized precision baskets to make putts that would never make it on a standard basket as the top band is much smaller so some float putts would not work on a regular basket.

The Exception being the full build baskets made smaller like the Innova Skill Shot and countless knock off lower end baskets. Even DGA had a basket like this but they stopped production of that basket for the Mach Shift.

Last edited:
Has anybody seen these on a course yet? Or maybe a practice spot?

An additional thought about the angled top - With this design, hyzers coming in from deep won't get completely brutalized by the top band. I've had plenty of base plastic discs chunked up by that sharp edge after what would have been a very nice shot.

I agree, most brands models of basket with the top band can cut up the disc, as the bands they are not smoothed out in the top and bottom of band just cut flat without any jagged edges. You also have the other style that the Mach III, Innova Discatcher Sport 18/24 chains, and the Lighting DB-5 have with the top and the chains where a disc can still take more damage then the Mach V, Mach X style.

so, to add something about how the actual chains catch:

they are better than any standard config basket I've putted on. Only MachX is better for center chain putts. Mach7 probably better for just off center putts.

Honestly only bad putters complain about the band or getting ramped off the top of a basket.

I find few things as annoyingly frustrating as trying to spot a naked Mach/Chainstar, in the shadows woods, hundreds of feet away, often in waning twilight, while playing my 3rd new to me course of the day.

I have missed Chainstars out in the open 400' away because they blended in with what was behind them. They are also near impossible to find when blocked by chain link fence.

One of the many things I like about the Innova baskets is how easy the are to spot.

I have missed Chainstars out in the open 400' away because they blended in with what was behind them. They are also near impossible to find when blocked by chain link fence.

One of the many things I like about the Innova baskets is how easy the are to spot.

Yep as I agree having played on old Chainstar and non color Mach styles and having trouble spotting them. Some of the Mach series I can spot a tad easier if they have the number sign on them/the small top orange band in the case of the Mach V and Mach X but the Innova baskets all have the color top to make them easier to find, not a fan of the all color brands of baskets as you do not need that much color from most brands but rather all you need is just the top band colored to stand out from surroundings just enough.

course on the west side getting a bunch of these:
attachment.php

Attachments

• facebook_1584465948471.jpg
    facebook_1584465948471.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 135
Quite a few steps better than a Mach 5...

So then a basket that is at like a Mach V or a tad better. :)

I really enjoy putting on my M-14 and Mach lite baskets. I grew up on Mach III's

and Innova pro 24s. The Mach 7 is an amalgamation of all the past mach baskets

in an evolutionary type of way, minus the Mach X. I believe it is like a hybrid of

an Innova Pro 28 and the best parts of previous Mach baskets. The 28 chains are

fair and catch good putts. The asthetics of the basket are visually pleasing, no chastity

belt clank is nice. The top metal ramp cage part does not as people surmised, launch

discs far away during a normal high putt, the disc just falls down. Great basket, looks cool,

catches fairly. 10/10 :hfive:

If I was going to buy a new basket today for myself, it would be the Mach VII. I already own a modified Innova Discatcher Sport and a Dynamic Disc Marksman, so I won't be buying another, but if I was, it would be the Mach VII for sure.

Latest posts