• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach VII

I really enjoy putting on my M-14 and Mach lite baskets. I grew up on Mach III's

and Innova pro 24s. The Mach 7 is an amalgamation of all the past mach baskets

in an evolutionary type of way, minus the Mach X. I believe it is like a hybrid of

an Innova Pro 28 and the best parts of previous Mach baskets. The 28 chains are

fair and catch good putts. The asthetics of the basket are visually pleasing, no chastity

belt clank is nice. The top metal ramp cage part does not as people surmised, launch

discs far away during a normal high putt, the disc just falls down. Great basket, looks cool,

catches fairly. 10/10 :hfive:

Mach V was less common in 2000's in South Dakota though out. More new places tended to use the Mach III or old 24 chain Innova Discatcher Pro 24 chain in South Dakota with a few using these basket that were a single chain unknown all metal painted brand at universities or one or two using Lighting DB-5 baskets for ether replacement baskets like near Aberdeen South Dakota, Lake Richmond State park disc golf course as they have a mix of baskets from lower cage Mach V to Innova baskets the early 2000's versions that the whole basket rusted up and were replaced with the Lighting DB-5 or newer Innova Discatcher Pro 24, last a Chainstar on the course somewhere. Then my local in town course of Pierre, Steamboat Park using Lighting DB-5 in 2007. Later Steamboat park got the tops of the old non color Mach III from the Oahe Downstream state rec/park Powerhouse Ally Course, the tops the only parts to survive the 2011 Missouri river flood, essentially making those at Steamboat park in Pierre South Dakota, now Modern Mach III baskets with the tops on them.

Good to hear about the Mach VII. Actually being how it look, like a modified version between a Mach V and modern Mach II and actually taking best of each of those models. Then adding the new experimental Guard for the visibility band that comes with basket. Before you ether need to get the Orange top band used for Mach V and Mach X, color baskets in Mach III on up, or get the number toppers (not best option) for more open courses to help with visibility of the baskets that will blend in during the right conditions. I also notice the middle orange sticker denoting model on the newer cage height Mach baskets other then Mach II which does not have them are more durable then older versions made in 2000's or older where after 5 years the piece of sticker was gone. I know because a course near Brockton or Dunkirk NY the Shipwreck Cove Course in Erie State park went in 2015 with Mach V and it is 5 years later and the pole sticker that has model on it is still standing almost new, just print coming off when I played course last with relatives in summer 2019.

Sorry for long reply.

My home course installed Mach VIIs about a year ago. We upgraded from Mach IIs, so pretty much any basket was going to be better. Must say, I have been very happy with the Mach VIIs. Just ran our second sanctioned tournament with the new baskets and got great reviews.

Latest posts