• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Birthday Giveaway 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]USA Campus (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=190) [/FONT]

DGCR # 4624

Happy Birthday!!! I'm very new to all of this so forgive me..I just started playing in April and I thoroughly enjoy it! I enjoy reading comments and tips to help me better myself. I only own 2 discs, a putter which is an Innova Aviar R-Pro plastic 175G & the Roc I mentioned above. I wish everyone luck, as this is an awesome contest. Happy Playing

* Favorite courses:

1. Milo McIver State Park (Riverbend DGC) in Estacada, Oregon. It is the best in Oregon[/URL]

2. Waterloo DGC in Waterloo, Oregon. It is just a nice course that keeps you honest because you need to keep your shots out of the shule.

* Favorite discs:

1. Discraft Nebula, My upshot disc that goes where you want it. Otherwise know as the 2008 Ace Race disc.

2. Innova Leopard DX, Long shots, get out trouble, and tight fairways.

*Favorite websites:

Of course DGCREVIEW.COM

Northwest Disc Golf News So much information happening everyday for the 2 Northwest states.

DGCREVIEW.COM is the best. Keep up the good work Tim!

My favorite two courses are
-The one I just played:)
-The one I'm playing next:D

My favorite discs are
-Teebirds(hopeless addict)
-Glow Roc:cool:

My favorite Websites
-DGcoursereview(naturally):p
-Google- The Maps- Man that street view is kool;)

Fav 2 courses are..... William Cameron Park in Waco and The bEAST Cameron Park East......My Ozzy dyed Star Wraith and Champ Valk......dgcoursereview that is the only site I go to......;)........I have no extra suggestions..... only comment is I can't wait till I win........

2 of my favorite courses:

Calvert in College Park, MD is my home course
and West Park in Joliet, IL is beautiful and challenging.

2 of my favorite discs:

Innova Aviar (Star or DX, 169-175) has been my staple putter for a while.
and my new Discraft Elite Z Buzzz (172) is pretty much amazing.

2 of my favorite websites:

www.dgcoursereview.com
www.md-discgolf.com

Comments/Suggestions:

Love the site. Not sure what else could be improved.

Also, to the previous poster - I've played Baker Farm! Nice course, but when I went it was right after a big thaw, so the entire place was mushy with lake-sized puddles in most of the fairways.

2 of my Favorite Courses:
Flip City

Riverbends

Favorite Discs
TeeBird (any plastic)
I'm going to say my beat up Glo Talon too because it gave me a sweet drive yesterday

Favorite Websites
dgcoursereview.com
discgolfcenter.com

Comments
If only there were more giveaways (maybe having to pay to be apart of a section of the site that is more exclusive so you can give away more stuff to the paying group).
Or raffles?

In all fairness I'm new to this site and new to the sport. We haven't played very many courses and we don't have a lot of equipment.

Our two favorite courses are:

Mason County Park – Beauty, Ludington MI
Reason: The Park is awesome, it's not typically difficult, the elevations are great, my wife and daughter love it, and there are spectacular views of Lake Michigan. Not to mention my father lives less than 30 minutes away.

Freedom Park, Canton MI
Reason: It is a nice course close to our house, it isn't usually crowded,
We like to let our daughter take multiple throws from the tees. It is a short 9
hole course and my wife and daughter aren't burnt out when we are done.

As far as my two favorite disc:

I have nothing to compare too. We purchased some used disc form "Play-it-Again sports". All I have ever thrown is an "Innova Star sidewinder, Discraft Drone, and a Discraft Challenger" If I were to win the $75 gift card I wouldn't buy myself any thing. I would outfit my Wife and daughter with some good 150 class disc like the Avatar, Archangel, or a Shark. Something they could throw well. Also it would be nice to have a few extra discs on hand. We have, several times, invited a few friends to play and had to share disc. It's wasn't a problem other than the fact I ended up throwing my putter the hole round.

Shoot I would have fun at this sport even if I were throwing a rock.

My two favorite websites:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/
This site is with out a doubt No.1. Just ask my boss. He has caught me several tiles reading the forums and he has made it clear I will be in trouble the next time he sees me. Also I'm totally addicted to reading and righting the reviews.

http://www.discnation.com/index.html
I love looking at this retail site and day dreaming. There are so many discs to choose from and the prices seem quite reasonable. This site also gives the disc a beginner friendly rating.

My runner up website is:

http://www.pyddiscgolfreviews.com/
I riley like this site because it tells the characteristics of each disk depending on how you throw and how new or old the disk is. It's not quite up to date, but you can get a feel for what you're looking for. It actually shows the flight pattern. It is a pretty cool site.

Comments on this site:
My only beef is that it is so damn addictive. I absolutely love it. If it weren't for this site I think I would have played one course and have been done with it. Now I have found many that I plan on going to through out the summer, just look at my wish list.

I want to thank you TimG for making such a great site for the new and veteran players. With out it I wouldn't be playing, at least as much.

My future goals:
Get some beginner friendly disc
Get a travel tag
Play Flip City
Get a premium DG Course Review account
Get a family membership to PDGA

BearWolf

lakeview course at moraine state park pa, and black diamond at emery park buffalo ny. my 2 favorite discs are champion t bird and discraft slistream gt for a roller disc, my 2 fav. sites are definetly dgcoursereview.com and discnation.com. thanks for makin this site available to all involved

Oooh! Free stuff! :D

Favorite Courses:
Brown Deer Park // This course is amazing, tight wooded fairways, a few long bomber holes, challenges every shot in your aresenal!

Vallarta-Ast // This pay-to-play is just epic! Great mix of holes, tight and open fairways, serious doglegs, 3 pin positions and am/pro tees!

Favorite Discs:
Right now, my two favorite discs are my 168g Innova Pro Wraith and my 180g Innova Super Roc. The Wraith is beat in to the perfect point - a nice long turnover disc, and the Roc is staying nice and straight, just starting to get a little flippy, that Super blend of plastic is incredible!

Favorite Websites:
DGCR, of course! Without this site I'd still be using that bogus PDGA course directory, which is pretty much useless. Here I can read reviews and get great info on new courses!

You're The Man Now Dog (YTMND) // If you've never been here, GO! One of the funniest sites on the web.

As far as this site goes, I can't think of much too add... except for more than 3 pin placement options for the courses! ;) Sorry Tim, I'll keep bringing it up until it happens! This site rocks, keep up the good work, and thanks for providing it for us!

Favorite courses, from my very limited selection would be Mason Sports Park and Veteran's Park.

Discs would be a 164 DX Eagle I just bought and a Shark of any weight/plastic.

Sites... hmm... as far as disc golf goes, I'm gonna have to say dcgr, b/c its by far the most useful dg site ever. I guess for this time of year I'd have to put the nhl gamecenter b/c I don't get Verses to watch the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts