• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR iPhone/iPod App - What would you pay?

What's the most you would pay for an app w/ DGCR course search / scoring integration?

• $2.99

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • $3.99

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • $4.99

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • $5.99

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • $6.99

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • $7.99

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • $8.99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $9.99

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 12 11.4%

• Total voters
I use a score card app on the blackberry already. but it is for ball golf and I have ajusted it for Disc Golf Courses I have played. I woulg love to have an app that I did not have to input all the info for. Accelgolf is a site to look at It has most of the options you are looking at on it for ball golf. It is free right now but they have charged for it in the past. I use it on the blackberry and my son uses it on the android. It also has a apple version. I know the cost is a great hold up but i know a lot of younger players would use it but they also won't pay much so it is a catch 22. On the market share Iphones have the most right now Android and Blackberry are growing quickly. but it will still take quite a few years for them to pass the Iphone.

Unfortunately, that is at the very minimum 4 times the amount of work. The code is not portable, the toolkits are different (and in some cases expensive). The extra effort required to develop and maintain 4 separate code bases wouldn't make up for compromises required to maintain feature parity or the supposed extra sales by supporting other platforms.

If HTML/CSS/JavaScript is sufficient, you can use Appcelerator for cross-platform development. Not a solution for all apps, especially fast games, but might work for DGCourseReview.

I'd like to see a DGCR web service API. And what would also be cool (but will never happen) is for the PDGA to expose an API. Maybe then I could see if anyone's shot a 36 for 18 holes. I'm sure several have, and would like to see who/when/where.

Last edited:
I get internet on the phone, as do most people who use apps, so it would have to offer something the website does not, like a score keeper (similar to our score card feature, but with one push import to score card). I am not sure what an app can offer that the site does not.
Looks like you already thought of that. Scorekeepers are REALLY hard to see in bright light though. I used disc golf ace and could not see it half the time.

There is a new app for droid called disc golf course maps. I hear it has a lot of flaws, so I stick with opening up dgcr maps from my internet.

ya I normally just open dgcr with my browser. but I use android so I guess I dont count...

android and droid are basically the same software. The Ally can do just about everything the droid can do.

well ya...android is the os for multiple phones. I was just sayin the poll is regarding iOS

Other-Specifying: $0.00 I don't own a I-Phone or any other cell phone so I have no use for this or any other app. I can sorta use my PSP as a phone with Skype though! Way Cool!

I've got a Droid OS now so I'd be apt to scoop this app if it's ever created (oh, and compatible on Droid).

iphones always get the apps first! ugh...

I had an iPhone for 3 years...got an android based phone and realized I wasted those 3 years.