DGCR Meet up - Minnesota 2024 - July 13th/14th

Ok, so here's a (possibly I'll advised) idea.

7-13
All three at Chain's Edge - (60)

7-14
Breezy Point (both courses) - (36)
Carlton Disc Golf Sanctuary - (18)

7-15
Mont du Lac

7-16
Mont du Lac again (finish them all?)
Tjader Acres - (27)
Tjiny Acres - (9)
Round A Bout - (9) it's right there lol
I think your dates are off by a day early, but I see what you're thinking and like it for the most part. I'm thinking about camping at CE Friday and Saturday. Head up to Breezy and play (1.5 hr drive), then 2 hour drive to Carlton on Sunday. Camp out Sunday night (on the way to Mont Du Lac). Play Mont Du Lac Monday and camp out there, Tuesday finish MDL and head to Tjaders (who has camping btw but I haven't stayed there yet). Just spitballin over here.

I like it. I'll probably stay in Brainard Saturday night then I'll be able to chisel away a few of those others over there on Sunday before heading to Duluth. I'll look it over more thoroughly tonight.

What time are we thinking of kicking this off on Saturday?

I'd be driving right by BRP on the way up and the idea of doing 80% of the drive Friday night, getting to BRP in time to be first out Saturday morning, and then driving to Chain's is super tempting. Probably a little too ambitious, but I can dream.

Edit: scratch that, looks like there's some sort of tournament at BRP on Saturday.

Last edited:
What time are we thinking of kicking this off on Saturday?

I'd be driving right by BRP on the way up and the idea of doing 80% of the drive Friday night, getting to BRP in time to be first out Saturday morning, and then driving to Chain's is super tempting. Probably a little too ambitious, but I can dream.

Edit: scratch that, looks like there's some sort of tournament at BRP on Saturday.

You guys can start earlier if ya'll want to. I've played all 3 at Chain's Edge already and we have to work the night before so we can catch up when we get there. It's going to be a 4 and a half hour drive for us so 11 is looking like the absolute earliest we can get there by.

Don't wait on us though, sounds like we'll get plenty of golf in the next few days. I'll see if I can finagle a way to try to get there earlier but I'm not too optimistic about it.

^Nice!

I'll probably need to work a full day on that Friday, but I won't know for sure until a few weeks before. I'm liking the idea of doing most of the drive Friday night. Probably look to get at least as far as Eau Claire and then hit the road as early as needed on Saturday.

I'm down to play whenever @Countchunkula can get there. We'll have plenty of daylight and we all play fast enough that getting all 3 courses in won't be a problem.

Plus me and the wife aren't really morning people :p

I'm down to play whenever @Countchunkula can get there. We'll have plenty of daylight and we all play fast enough that getting all 3 courses in won't be a problem.

Plus me and the wife aren't really morning people :p
and I can be there as early (or not so early) as the group needs. I can be a morning person when it means getting out before the temp hits 90, but it's not my natural state either.

You say we play fast, but the mob golf round at big brother was probably the longest non-tourney round I've ever played. ;)

My impression is that Chain's Edge isn't on that same level of grueling, but it sounds like at least one of the Mont du Lac courses might be similar.

Yeah Chain's Edge is much flatter than Justin Trails lol.

White Cedar is supposed to be a beast. I've never played it though.

Yeah Chain's Edge is much flatter than Justin Trails lol.

White Cedar is supposed to be a beast. I've never played it though.

All the Midwest types :p say it's a beast and extreme cause it has a few small hills or whatever. Reminds me of when I was in the South and people talked about the Appalachian Mountains like they were the Himalayas lol. This Rocky Mountain boy is skeptical but I can't wait to play it and be wrong. :)

OK so I normally avoid seeing as much of a course before I play it as possible, I was just way too curious... Actually I would say I'm obsessed with White Cedar at this point so I had to watch the videos below. It's hard to tell elevation in picture and video sometimes especially when they use cameras that have the grainy quality of a 1970's bigfoot encounter. Still there looks like nice valley throws here, a mini top of the world on hole one, and a really nice looking wooded course. However just going by these videos I'd say it's nowhere near something like the original Diamond X I played years ago or Base Camp, or Crystal Mountain. I'd say it looks like one of the courses an hour from me that's on a ski run that opens in May and that's not a bad thing at all. Moderately hilly lol. I'm excited.

Sillybizz the mountain man talking shit again I see.

200.gif

;)

I've played on real mountains with you, you are definitely not who I'm talking about. :)

Yeah, but we played on actual mountains WITH free range cattle. So we're better than Chad right?

Yeah, but we played on actual mountains WITH free range cattle. So we're better than Chad right?

Yeah but Solitude is a waaaaaay different beast than Cross Creek was, I mean Cross Creek you walk uphill for like what 50 feet? I think the walk up to tee 1 at Solitude is 2 miles, with the same kind of grade as the walk up to tee 1 at cross creek. Plus Solitude has that 1200+ foot top of the world that is a real top of the world unlike that joke at Delaveaga. Granted those were real mountains around us at Cross Creek and I know you've played Bucksnort so you pass the real mountaineer disc golfer test haha. I do enjoy the cows, one of my favorite Pocatello courses is on a ski run and has cows roaming everywhere that keep the grass down and moo angrily at you when you get too close. Now that I think about it, Chad and I played Solitude, and all of The Fort courses in one day which is kind of crazy, makes me tired and smile just thinking about it!

I'm thinking we should probably get a list going of people attending. I'll look through this thread and add people who said they're coming and add them to the original post. If you're planning on attending and haven't said so yet please do so! :)