• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] DGCR's Favorite Midrange of 2014

Favorite Midrange released this year?!

• Axiom: Theory

Votes: 26 11.7%
  • Axiom: Alias

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Discraft: Buzzz OS

Votes: 46 20.6%
  • Latitude 64: Claymore

Votes: 33 14.8%
  • Prodigy: M5

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Kastaplast: Kaxe/KaxeZ

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Never thrown any of the above :(

Votes: 93 41.7%

• Total voters
I voted never thrown any of the above - but truthfully we needed an option that says "none of those I threw were anything special"

I voted never thrown any of the above - but truthfully we needed an option that says "none of those I threw were anything special"

the poll didn't ask if the disc was special but what you thought was the best release of this speed class for this year. Pretty dumb to not contribute as you saw fit regardless of its all time bag status.....

lol, totally! I have no idea why Westside calls that thing a putter.. Isnt Suspect (which is nearly identical...) considered a Mid?

Anyway, its a tweaner and sometimes tweaners fall through the cracks. :)

Not sure I would say they are nearly identical... Suspect is longer and straight with small fade. Harp is shorter and hooks up faster, as well as having less glide. I'm a big harp thrower, and consider it more of a putter than mid. The speed is much closer to a pure than a suspect as well. I personally would rate the harp a 3/3/0/3...And I throw these out to 275' on the course.

For 2014 mids, I'm going to go with the Buzzz OS. Great disc.

As much as I have been liking the Theory, awesome disc, my vote goes to the Alias. I'm sure I'm in the minority but this disc has been money for me. It just wants to seek baskets. It has enough stability to really rip on it but not too much that it can't hold an any to the ground. Hyzers great too. Maybe because I've had more time with it than the Theory but soooo many killer shots with the Alias. Superb shot shaper and basket seeker!

Exactly this for me. Theory is great, but the Alias can do so much more.

I voted for the Claymore. I like it, but it is also the only one out of the list that I have thrown. SO MANY DISCS, SO LITTLE TIME.

Not sure I would say they are nearly identical... Suspect is longer and straight with small fade. Harp is shorter and hooks up faster, as well as having less glide. I'm a big harp thrower, and consider it more of a putter than mid. The speed is much closer to a pure than a suspect as well. I personally would rate the harp a 3/3/0/3...And I throw these out to 275' on the course.

For 2014 mids, I'm going to go with the Buzzz OS. Great disc.

Yeah the suspect I threw were clearly both faster and less overstable than the harp. Classification is subjective though of course. I consider the suspect a standard mid but I also consider the zone a standard mid when most don't. I also consider the breaker nearly a mid, but I guess a tweener. I threw a harp a few times but honestly I didn't pay as much attention to it's speed as I usually would have so I'm uncertain of just how much slower it is than a suspect. The pure I consider a tweener, it is just so much faster than an aviar and even a wizard.

I have no opinion on this poll. Just wanted to mention how disappointed I was in the BuzzzOS. Just didn't like it at all. I could see how some people would like it but not for me.

Voted Claymore because I bagged it till I lost it, which was easy since it was a black one from the Trilogy Challenge. Quite a versatile disc, but I have decided to stick with Rocs for time being.

I bag a Harp and use it as an approach disc 90% of the time. So I see it as P&A.

I have no opinion on this poll. Just wanted to mention how disappointed I was in the BuzzzOS. Just didn't like it at all. I could see how some people would like it but not for me.

It was misrepresented as a "more overstable buzzz" when "faster zone" is a much fairer assessment

Cool, I've only held a Suspect never thrown one. I use the harp a ton. It shares approach work with the Swan and turnover work with the Swan when I want a straight run then right turn then straight finish. I probably throw it in the same distance range. I might throw a stag close to 275 but I probably could/should throw the harp.

buzz os for biggest let down of the year. if there was a 2014 biggest let down disc that would have my pick ;)

theory surprised me. cool disc. very versatile.

you probably didn't expect it to be so much more OS than a z buzzz. eat more beef, lift some weights, you'll grow into it :D

hahaha. hornet is easy d for an overstable mid def my liking. i barely throw it but im glad i have it when i do need it. also got 2 aces with my hornet including hole 7 or 8 at ham lake back when it existed. probably my least amount of throws on it disc in my bag, yet the most aced one haha weird

RIP HAM LAKE:thmbdown: hornet has some glide to it. glide is not a trait i'd want in a dedicated os mid. less glide = more predictibility in my experiences. to each their own, i suppose.

I have never understood why some people only on here, by the way, have had such negative reactions to the Buzzz OS. It's much more workable than a Zone, much longer, and is the perfect blend of Buzzz and Drone

Everyone on the course who asks to try mine loves it. I think on here its more a case of people saying it's a bad disc to try and sound cool.

Latest posts