• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dirty discs 2019

thirtydirtybirds

Double Eagle Member
Well it seems I've got my bag pretty well sorted. I've gotten to the point where there aren't any shots I can't cover pretty well. My distance has come up this past year, I'm making out at 380-390 on a great day, but when I'm lazy about my form I'd say I still hit 360-370 pretty consistently. I don't really want to change anything, but you all know how it goes...

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: Off and on casually from 1998 or so to early 200s, picked it back up around 6 years ago now.
Right/left-handed: RHBH/RHFH even split at this point I'd say.
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Aviar-260, roc-300, EL- 335, scorpius-360.

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Bad right shoulder, bothers me every now and then. A little fat too.
Other sport proficiencies?: Fly fishing

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Nothing I don't like really, except the few molds that are tough to find that I just can't stop throwing.
Specific areas of desired feedback: I suppose I could trim it down a bit disc count wise.
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have more consistency in the short-term, and gain some additional distance in the long-term

Discs listed OS-US

Putters:
Colorglow rhyno 175g. For when I need the slow beef
DX rhyno 175g. When I need slow lean beef
2 Classic Aviars 175g. Best putting putter out there, I throw these too though. They go straight AF.
Beat "glo-in-the-dark Putter". Old, thrashed, flippy, perfect. Nothing else like it, closest I found is a hard swan 1.

Mids:
Frontline Mortar (FR) 175g. Recently swapped out the champ roc for this, it's got a bit more distance. Beefy
DX roc 180g, fresh. Newly cycled in, it's black, has a bazillion stamps on it, and does fresh roc stuff. It's great!
DX roc 175g, 7/10. It's pink and has a cool hypno trifly stamp. Does seasoned roc stuff, it's great also!
DX roc, 169g, 6/10. Puddle top, you could almost eat cereal out of this thing. I found it in a used bin, spent $4 on it, and don't regret it. It's white with a regular roc stamp, that is rainbow foil. It does flippy roc stuff, you guys know the drill.

Fairways:
170g champ eagle, 8/10. Was an F2, is pretty clear red but kinda gummy. Soft flight plate compared to other clear champ. Has more turn than other champ eagles, but still fades. Flexy, wood shots, flip up fades.
171g CE eagle L, 7/10. About as OS as the champ but does not turn. Baby Firebird like at first, now closer to a fresh champ teebird. very flat, fantastic hand feel. It's white.
175g star Eagle L, 8/10. Red firm star. Very straight, tiny turn and fade. Great for forehands, and tunnels. Probably forehand this more than backhand.
170g champ 11x eagle L, 6/10. Not only does it round out my 'merika fairway color scheme, but it's perfectly beat. It is insanely perfect for me. Slow turning magic that just straightens out. Hyzerflips, tunnels, turnovers, nose up flexes, steep hyzer that flip up a bit and get far left and land flat. The definition of workhorse.

Control:
175g 2016 Sexton Firebird, 6/10. Pop up Firebird with strong fade. Does Sexton Firebird stuff. It's perfect.
175g Star roadrunner 9/10. Lost this bad boy in the woods 6 months ago. Someone found it and I actually got it back! Like the star EL but longer by about 30'

Distance:
164g millennium scorpius, 8/10. Backhand pure distance. Pretty soft, has a nice amount of turn, but hooks up at the end.
168g Sirius scorpius, 6/10. Older bottom stamp. Pure forehand distance. Harder fade than the millennium. Turn to fade FH, straight to fade BH for me.
168g Sirius scorpius 1.9, 9/10. Fresh, still beefy, but with great glide. Flex lines both FH and BH. Great for those 360' or longer low ceiling woods flex shots. Gets a great skip, overstable for sure but still very workable.

I'm pretty much a 50/50 FH/BH player. My BH distance isn't quite as far as FH, I'm just naturally better at FH I think. I worked the past few years on throwing flippy stuff FH and now am very confident with turnovers. It's nice to have that shot, it is a different line than a BH hyzer, and sometimes is the better line. I'd like to keep improving my distance this year. Are the scorpius' ideal for that? Probably not, but I do have a lot of confidence in them. That's kind of what my bag is built around, discs I am confident in. I'm always open to suggestions though, but I really don't see any putter/mid/fairway changes any time soon.

Latest posts