• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc design

Baseballadp

Birdie Member
I know it is not technically dyeing, but how do you draw a custom design on a disc. I got two g star thunderbirds with no stamp, and I don't know about dying, but drawing a cool design seems good. Will it stay with colored sharpies? How do I draw it out first, pencil? Has anybody tried it? Does it work? Thanks

I've printed out a design on regular copy paper, taped it to the disc and traced it with a sharpie. Took the paper off it was kind of like connect the dots, finished the line work, did a couple touch ups and it stayed longer than I owned the disc.

That's awesome, thanks. It is a red and purple disc if anybody has any ideas. (I will not necessarily take those ideas)

I let my daddy draw on my discs. He's stuck in the house and it gives him something to do. He makes the designs on paper and then tapes them to the disc. He traces the design with a fine-tip felt marker creating a faint bleed through version. Then he removes the paper and redraws with thicker lines, various colors, and so on.

Always said if i had a thunder bird i would do this as a custom image

Attachments

• grease-danny-zuko-travolta-t-bird-jacket-6-500x500.jpg
    grease-danny-zuko-travolta-t-bird-jacket-6-500x500.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 23
Thanks. I am doing my ideas tomorrow. How will colored sharpies turn up on colored g star plastic? Will they be influenced or fight through?

I've got my designs drawn out. Not sure how they will work. One is bob Ross surrounded by trees and it says don't hit the happy little trees. The other is a 1966 thunderbird car with a bald eagle flying over it. Not sure how the eagle will look in sharpie, looks awesome in pencil though.

It's hard to say without seeing it, but I'm not sure how well colored sharpies will turn up on colored plastic. Pretty much the same concept as dying. The darker the dye/ink, the lighter the disc, the better.

Here's a Teebird I did. I made the design on my computer using the word art feature in PowerPoint, printed it, taped the paper to the underside of the disc, and traced with a black Sharpie. Very easy with Champ and similar transparent plastic, and the Sharpie is holding up well. I did the Zone in my avatar the same way.

Attachments

• Teebird.jpg
    Teebird.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 17
That's really cool. I'll show mine when they are done. One I thought of and then saw it online, the other I saw online but am not copying exactly. I am no longer doing the car

I have a Chartreuse Champ Beast that I traced a dark blue 24 on if for Beastmode, it looked fine, and has held up in the 2 years since. I recently drew 2 4 piece half circles on a white KC Roc to make it easier to find, they have held up well, though the stamp is kinda weird with the color over it. I'll post pics when i get back to my dorm.