• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Cart Alternative

Meulen

Eagle Member
I was browsing the web looking for a mass produced cart that would likely come with a lower price. I stumbled upon the Berkley Sportsman Cart, which is designed for fishing. The reviews are generally good, with minor complaints about the rod holders (I would remove them anyways), and potential for the handle to slip. There are two models; the base model made of steel, and the pro model which is made of aluminum and has fabric panels. I'm interested in the base model as it seems like a good candidate to just drop my Innova deluxe in and go, and would likely be easier to make the handle longer if necessary.

Berkley Sportsman's Cart on Amazon ($99.99 w/ Free Shipping)

Berkley Sportsman's Pro on Amazon ($129.92 w/ Free Shipping)

Interesting, I wonder what the weight limit is on it. Is the inside area big enough for an Innova type bag? I would definitely want to be able to replace the wheels as well.

Could have potential.

From the Cabela's website

Efficiently manage and transport all your fishing gear to your favorite fishing hole with Berkley's Sportsman's Cart. Stores up to eight large tackle trays, has two removable rod holders and employs a compact design for easy transport and storage. Integrated seat and cutting board make fishing more comfortable and cleaning your catch easier. Extendable handle and molded wheels for easy toting. Heavy-duty steel frame with a corrosion-resistant electrostatic finish. Large pivoting feet won't sink into soft ground.
20"L x 27.5"W x 29.5"H.
Wt capacity: 300 lbs.

2 separate reviews of the cart from the cabelas website

It's a great cart, good quality, very sturdy and stable,hauls a lot of my stuff for a days fishing. I have 1 problem and that's handle length. I'm only 5'10" but often the wheels hit the back of my foot causing a stumble. It needs to be longer or you need to offer a mod kit. I will modify my cart.

I use this cart pier fishing, I have had it about 4 months. Its showing wear, I doubt it will last another season. The plastic rod holders are breaking and the handle pulls all the way out unpredictably. I tried oiling the ball bearings but still does it sometimes. But It is handy for carting all my stuff also works good as a seat.

2 separate reviews of the cart from the cabelas website

It's a great cart, good quality, very sturdy and stable,hauls a lot of my stuff for a days fishing. I have 1 problem and that's handle length. I'm only 5'10" but often the wheels hit the back of my foot causing a stumble. It needs to be longer or you need to offer a mod kit. I will modify my cart.

I use this cart pier fishing, I have had it about 4 months. Its showing wear, I doubt it will last another season. The plastic rod holders are breaking and the handle pulls all the way out unpredictably. I tried oiling the ball bearings but still does it sometimes. But It is handy for carting all my stuff also works good as a seat.

Yeah, I saw those. My concern is the handle being too short, but should be easy to remedy with a new piece of aluminum tubing. Not concerned about the rod holders, and I wonder if a smooth handle would have more staying force than the coated one shown. When zoomed in the surface looks "orange-peeled", and I wonder if the gripping mechanism doesn't hold well. The wheels might actually be nice in that there is no need to inflate them, but they kind of look cheap.

Dual umbrella holders. Don't take them off!

As long as you don't mind sitting on the ground! :D

Looks very similar to one I made with a coke 2 liter crate and parts from a pull cart. The wheels on mine do not air up, which I prefer. Will have to post some pics soon.

I feel that there has to be a way to do something pretty cool with this
hiw_40-131__91066.1475171704.1280.1280.jpg

https://raisedbeds.com/best-sellers...B40rqPtCsZurkPArplrC2avP8qMwN5x2W_xoCmlfw_wcB