• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Cart Pictures and ideas

Sun mountain v1 with seat & proto backpack mount. The bottom handles a decent cooler well. I would like to redo the bp mount out of either aluminum or plastic but so far this has worked well.

Thats how mine is shaping up to look, happen to have the same soda bottle rack- I'm going with just a plywood base for the backpack and not the full back- but cutting slots in the bottom for the plastic rails on my pack to rest in, then zip-tying the top of the pack down.

Have you had it out much? How does it handle?

Here are the two carts I have been working on.

The jogging stroller one is technically ready to go. I just waffle between using the storage bin to hold discs and the main area to carry the cooler, or finding a way to clip in a bag or backpack and use the storage bin for actual storage. I have as of yet not figured out a way to secure a horizontal or backpack style bag without some more major modifications.

The quad roller still needs some minor modifications, mainly a way to secure a top bag for additional storage. The case needs some internal framing so that not all the discs sit on top of each other. I am not sure how to make that framing because this case is almost perfectly size for discs. The advantage of the quad roller is that it is foldable, making it easier to carry in my car. The stroller, due it being damaged and me subsequently "repairing" it, can no longer fold. It fits in my van fine.

The stroller rolls better, the quad roller maneuvers better.

17365258162_e027d112f0_b.jpg

16744689284_fa2b5204af_b.jpg

16744689384_5bc5f3d078_b.jpg

17180983749_2a94bc9ee0_b.jpg

for framing in the case- plastic dividers attached with epoxy directly to the case might work- but once its in there its permanent.

What was the original use of that case? its pretty cool.

for framing in the case- plastic dividers attached with epoxy directly to the case might work- but once its in there its permanent.

What was the original use of that case? its pretty cool.

It was a toolbox sold at Home Depot. I bought two of them for the sole purpose of using them to store discs.

Saw a collapsible pull cart for 10$ at my local thrift store that I just couldn't pass up getting for the mrs. Being able to pack it up for bicycle for rides to the park is an added bonus

Do you just leave the tool box open all the time or do you have to open and close it to move?

I am still fooling around with the idea so it had not been officially tested. The way the discs sit in the container, just over half way, it is enough where they will not fall out on their own, but I would suspect that it would not take much for a bump or something to knock them out. It would definitely have to be closed after each throw.

Heres the basic mounting for a backpack on a Sun Mountain v1-

4Iu3mrO.jpg

It holds tight tipping over sideways and forwards- the base has a couple slots cut in it for the plastic rails on the bottom of the bag to sit in, and its 2 zip ties to get it locked in- one to hold the straps together, and one to hold the top of the bag down to the old mounting bracket for a golf bag.

KEHd65y.jpg

hHqXKUg.jpg

RE4RZ42.jpg

I am still fooling around with the idea so it had not been officially tested. The way the discs sit in the container, just over half way, it is enough where they will not fall out on their own, but I would suspect that it would not take much for a bump or something to knock them out. It would definitely have to be closed after each throw.

Could the lid be adjusted so it could be removable? Like cut half of the hinge off so you could set it in and close it- but could lift it off after opening? If you could do that, running a couple bungee cords from top to bottom on each side to hold the discs in, but let you get them in and out easy would probably work well.

I purchased a cart today, kids wanted to take a picture while we were walking out of the ball golf store, and yes I did bring my bag inside the store and put it on all the carts to see which one I liked the best.
OfNDRyGl.jpg

Here it is loaded with most of my stuff, all I need to do is figure out a mounting point for my ice chest.
g0rGKkil.jpg

I purchased a cart today, kids wanted to take a picture while we were walking out of the ball golf store, and yes I did bring my bag inside the store and put it on all the carts to see which one I liked the best.
What brand is that? What did you like the best about that one? Why quad over three wheel? Sorry for all the questions I just dont have an opportunity like that where I can go in somewhere and check carts out in person

What brand is that? What did you like the best about that one? Why quad over three wheel? Sorry for all the questions I just dont have an opportunity like that where I can go in somewhere and check carts out in person

No need to apologize for the questions, The brand is a Bag Boy Quad Plus

I liked that it stood the bag straight up and not at an angle like the Clicgear 8.0, I also liked the way the bag holder is designed better than the clicgear, and the price was a bit cheaper ($219 compared to $250.) Plus my cooler will fit in between the front wheels due to them being extendable. The Bag Boy had great reviews and I have personally seen 5 other people with the Bag Boy and only one person with the Clicgear, They also had the Sun Mountain MC3 cart there and it just felt cheap, plastic parts everywhere and a latching system that I would be afraid would fail.

I went with quad over the three wheel due to personal preference, I think the quad has better stability over harsher terrain with less possibility of tipping over if (when) I smash the one front wheel into a rock.

If you have anymore questions do not hesitate to ask.

If you have anymore questions do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks! Does the bag mount and hold easily on the cart as is? I have a Clickgear 3.5 and the single pole behind the bag does not offer much support so the bag can move from side to side if i dont anchor the sides with small bungis. Any idea what size bottle the drink holder will hold?

Im not sure if I posted it in this thread or not but here is my setup

Thanks! Does the bag mount and hold easily on the cart as is? I have a Clickgear 3.5 and the single pole behind the bag does not offer much support so the bag can move from side to side if i dont anchor the sides with small bungis. Any idea what size bottle the drink holder will hold?

Im not sure if I posted it in this thread or not but here is my setup

Try a small plywood base. It worked great on mine.

That is a nice setup! I took the cart for its maiden voyage this afternoon/evening and I can fully say that I loved every second of it! The cart was so much less effort than I imagined and it worked well in the muck/mud/creek crossings etc. The bag fits on with no added bungees or anything. Just cinch the straps up tight and hook it on. Not once did I feel that the bag or cart would fall over, and I even ghost rode it down some hills. :0 I measured the water bottle holder for you, the exact measurement is 3 1/4" but the bottle that I have had is 3" diameter and fits in the holder like a glove. I wanted to get a big 40oz hydro flask, but alas it wont fit :(

What else ya got!? :p

I'm not sure how cost effective it would be (no idea what pricing runs), but have you considered using a foam insert? You could make small cuts to divide the discs and it should keep them secure.

Try a small plywood base. It worked great on mine.
I have something in mind but have not got around to building it :(

That is a nice setup! I took the cart for its maiden voyage this afternoon/evening and I can fully say that I loved every second of it! The cart was so much less effort than I imagined and it worked well in the muck/mud/creek crossings etc. The bag fits on with no added bungees or anything. Just cinch the straps up tight and hook it on. Not once did I feel that the bag or cart would fall over, and I even ghost rode it down some hills. :0 I measured the water bottle holder for you, the exact measurement is 3 1/4" but the bottle that I have had is 3" diameter and fits in the holder like a glove. I wanted to get a big 40oz hydro flask, but alas it wont fit :(

What else ya got!? :p

Thanks. It really does make a huge difference and I am really surprised carts have not caught on more in my area where the local courses are easily accessible. I had to buy the larger size cup holder for my HydroFlask and it came with an attachment point that can be put on most golf carts. I im sure they have other things like it out there I just haven't looked around. Anyway I would definently try to find a way to make that Hydroflask work because they really are that great!

Also noticed you were still carrying around a stool. Any plans on getting the chair attachment? Mine is not really that comfortable but the ability to attach it to the cart and always have it without having to mess with it more then makes up for it :)

Thanks. It really does make a huge difference and I am really surprised carts have not caught on more in my area where the local courses are easily accessible. I had to buy the larger size cup holder for my HydroFlask and it came with an attachment point that can be put on most golf carts. I im sure they have other things like it out there I just haven't looked around. Anyway I would definently try to find a way to make that Hydroflask work because they really are that great!

Also noticed you were still carrying around a stool. Any plans on getting the chair attachment? Mine is not really that comfortable but the ability to attach it to the cart and always have it without having to mess with it more then makes up for it :)

Carts are pretty big here, depending on the course, the last mini I went to there were at least 12 of them (about 40 people turned out)

I am fine with the water bottle I have for now, I carry two of them and normally a Gatorade, I am sure down the road I will get one, but I will make my parents or someone else buy it for me :p

I honestly do not like the stools, I like my chair, then I am not attached to the cart either. I just put the chair in my bag until I want to use it, then I hang it on the handle.

Today I did do my first mod to the cart, I added an extender pole to the umbrella holder, being 6'5" I could not fit under the umbrella without scrunching over, so I went to Home Depot and purchased a vacuum straight extension the slides perfectly inside the tube, and a bolt to make a stopper. The bolt is where the bottom of the umbrella is sitting, I am going to take it out tomorrow and make sure I like it before I cut 5-6 inches off the top of the extender.
czuWGrUl.jpg

That is a 7' door height/8' ceiling. It is realllllllly tall, but I can walk under it and not hit my darn head!

Where do you like abouts Torpedo Vegas?

Carts are pretty big here, depending on the course, the last mini I went to there were at least 12 of them (about 40 people turned out)

Today I did do my first mod to the cart, I added an extender pole to the umbrella holder, being 6'5" I could not fit under the umbrella without scrunching over

Where do you like abouts Torpedo Vegas?
I am in Abilene TX. A few of the regulars use jogging strollers and I have seen a couple of the guys with old style 2 wheel golf pull carts.

While I am not quite as tall as you I will have to do something similar if I am ever brave enough
to use an umbrella. Do you see many people using umbrellas just to block the sun in your area?

Latest posts