• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc retrieval tool

anymore they always want me to take it to my local disc store (lost and found) that I rarely go to. never "where can I pick it up?". I always offer the finder a choice of a few discs in trade if they call me, though.

I'll normally stash it under a trash can or similar hidden spot at the course and send the number a pic of where it is and which course it was found at. If it's still there with no reply the next time I visit, I'll likely give it to any kids hanging around.

One thing not mentioned yet that works great. High in a tree its hard to beat a slingshot and some marbles. Just be aware of what's around you...

Very handy. I have one in all three of my bags with a small pouch of clay shot

Dammit. I have lost the nice little yellow fork tip, off my fancy extender retriever. Anyone know where to find replacements? I have looked around.

Dammit. I have lost the nice little yellow fork tip, off my fancy extender retriever. Anyone know where to find replacements? I have looked around.

Would help if you told folks which retriever you have. My best guess would be to try that company's website.

I doubt any local dealers stock replacement tips for various retrievers, but if any of them do, it would likely be The Throw Shop or CJ's.

I hope you're able to replace it, rather than having to buy a whole new retriever. :\

Recently played my first water-heavy course (Sellersville DGC in PA) and dunked my putter in the creek behind hole 5. Tried going in to get it but had a rough time getting in the water without slipping on the rocks. Trudged to my car barefoot and got my hockey stick. Worked well in a pinch and I carried it with me the rest of the round. Didn't need it, but glad I had it. First time I wish I had a retriever.

I'm liking the Max Stick Retriever but don't like the $50 price tag. Is that standard for retrievers?

It may have been mentioned but if we are talking "left the retriever at home in my other bag" emergency retrievals a good tape measure works wonders. Fence, Ice, water ect...

I don't know. I've had pretty solid response when I've found a disc with a number on it. I text the number with a picture, stash it on the course where found. I don't go out of my way to return a disc, but if they respond to my text, I don't mind stashing it for them to pick up.

My local shop (Throw Shop) has a lost and found. I generally leave them there. Plus it gets traffic into the store. Win win.

This is by far the best and easiest method if you are lucky enough to have a local shop in the neighborhood who does this. I have heard that many shops are now doing this due to positive feedback and increased foot traffic.

Those retrievers with the yellow forked tipped ends are notoriously breaking off, yours is not the first I've seen that happen. The best one I've seen has the single, small metal hook or just a small rounded edge. You could probably get handy with a soldering gun, or just buy a new one like I described above and try and be careful with it.

Pro tip - don't ever let anyone use your retriever. They man handle that thing pulling out, slamming it shut, and shoving it into trees and whatnot. I'll gladly lend a hand trying to get your disc, but I'm doing it, it's my retriever, and if you don't like that, no disc for you then.

if it looks like the one from my attachment, cheapest option might be to purchase that from aliexpress and just end up with an extra pole/2 hooks?

Attachments

• IMG_9875.jpg
    IMG_9875.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 13

Is it a welded on 'claw' or a screw-in type? Either way, I'd suggest emailing the company, explaining what happened and seeing if you can get a replacement from them. Sometimes a company doesn't have replacement parts listed for sale, but do have them available for cases like yours.

I had a case where I bought a RidgeRoller disc golf bag and a zipper pull was missing. The companies website didn't offer them for sale, so I emailed them. Since it was a brand new bag, they sent me a couple of replacement zipper pulls (one to replace the missing one and a couple of extras). Shout out to RidgeRoller for that great customer service.

Hi all,

I have a better solution for those retrievers - FlexShark. Its a replacement head for those hooks that comes with the retrievers. It bites to the edge of the disc and helps rescuing disc from hazards.

You can see pictures + video and make a purchase here: Arcticsnap store

Latest posts