• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc you will no longer order?

Why this hasn't become industry standard practice both baffles and bugs me. I've been voting with my wallet by doing most of my disc ordering with discgolfcenter.

Time and money. Takes the retailers a lot longer to take a picture and ID each individual one. DGC has bumped their prices up a dollar or on most discs that have pics but it's not enough to sway me away from buying from them. especially since I've hit the max discount from my years of buying from them.

My answer here is "any".

A new brick and mortar moved in close enough to my work that I can get there during lunch.

A whole shop just DG, well stocked (for 2022) with many brands. A place to try test models, yes please, sign me up!

Found 4 discs there calling my name yesterday.

If possible, 100percent of my business will go there. I want them to stay!

all of them

i have enough back ups and lost found discs to last a lifetime but if i wanted/needed to gggt is close enough to me

How does this work?

It's similar to people choosing to throw a disc because a certain pro throws that disc.

Or the disc discussions on a forum like this can predispose someone to expect a disc to perform a certain way.

online conversation:
1) Oh this disc is easy distance
2) buys disc. Throws disc. Goes same distance as every other disc, but continues to throw disc, proceeds to tell everyone about the easy distance.

It's similar to people choosing to throw a disc because a certain pro throws that disc.

Or the disc discussions on a forum like this can predispose someone to expect a disc to perform a certain way.

online conversation:
1) Oh this disc is easy distance
2) buys disc. Throws disc. Goes same distance as every other disc, but continues to throw disc, proceeds to tell everyone about the easy distance.

I do not understand how you're getting that from this discussion.

For the past couple of years, Pigs.

Pigs are supposed to be flat or even a little puddle topped. No way am I gambling online. Way too many domey Pigs these days.

No time to wait for them to cool properly when every stack that they yank out of the mold sells out, domey or not!

all of them

i have enough back ups and lost found discs to last a lifetime but if i wanted/needed to gggt is close enough to me

Fizz Volts? Trunk stocks running pretty thin I hear. :popcorn:

I have limited access to seeing discs in person. That's basically Academy, and whatever disc seller comes to tournaments. Too much variation in some molds for me to continue taking chances. Are there any you refuse to order now? Mine would be Destroyer, Mayhem and Shryke. If I cannot see the profile, I will no longer buy.

1: Discgolfcenter.com has profile pics, which helps, so you can at least see dome/wing height, etc.

2: Since MVP went in-house and said they were going to be more consistent, they've been much less consistent. I pretty much wait for each run to come out and see what other people are saying about them before I decide to buy or not. It's risky because with the current market, they sell out pretty quickly, but I'd rather get a disc I want to throw in a less cool color than a color I like with a disc that doesn't work for me at all.

No time to wait for them to cool properly when every stack that they yank out of the mold sells out, domey or not!

It's pretty easy to flatten R Pro pigs. Super easy.
Don't ask me how or why I know.

My conspiracy theory is that Innova made the RPro pigs ugly to sell Ricky pigs for double the price.

Anyway- I don't buy anything without feeling it up. I have been disappointed too many times.

I won't buy Xcalibers any more. They were my max D distance disc in my younger FH dominant days.
Lately I get equal distance with a backhand Leopard and the Xcal is useless as a backhand disc. Besides they are all domes and gross.

I may have tried to flatten a domey Gator once.

Obviously, I am lacking the necessary skill set because all I managed to do was make a warped and wavy flight plate.

I have enough flat Pigs to last me for the rest of my life I would imagine. My wife actually likes to putt with Pigs and doesn't seem to mind the domey ones so she has taken possession of any that I ordered online that arrived with a dome.

My conspiracy theory is that Innova made the RPro pigs ugly to sell Ricky pigs for double the price.

Anyway- I don't buy anything without feeling it up. I have been disappointed too many times.

I won't buy Xcalibers any more. They were my max D distance disc in my younger FH dominant days.
Lately I get equal distance with a backhand Leopard and the Xcal is useless as a backhand disc. Besides they are all domes and gross.

Oh for sure, I am not shy about flattening discs - in fact, I have my own patent pending method for both flattening and adding a pop-top. PDGA absolutely can't stand me!!

Latest posts