• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discgolfcenter.com- Free but slow shipping?

I buy from both DGC and MS. DGC is free shipping, all the time, so of course, they use what is cheapest for them, which varies from USPS First class for one disc, to Priority, to UPS for bigger orders. Across the country, UPS is slower. And first class can be slower, too. They also state your order must be placed by 8:00am for it to ship that day. But it's free...

All my MS orders came USPS Priority, and they usually get it out same day. Priority is 2-3 days, but they have a minimum of $50 for it to be free.

I wouldn't complain about the service of either. DCG is up-front with what method they are using and I've not had any issues with them. If you place 1-2 disc orders, it saves you $$$. Everyone else seems to have a minimum order for free shipping.

I buy from both DGC and MS. DGC is free shipping, all the time, so of course, they use what is cheapest for them, which varies from USPS First class for one disc, to Priority, to UPS for bigger orders. Across the country, UPS is slower. And first class can be slower, too. They also state your order must be placed by 8:00am for it to ship that day. But it's free...

All my MS orders came USPS Priority, and they usually get it out same day. Priority is 2-3 days, but they have a minimum of $50 for it to be free.

I wouldn't complain about the service of either. DCG is up-front with what method they are using and I've not had any issues with them. If you place 1-2 disc orders, it saves you $$$. Everyone else seems to have a minimum order for free shipping.

DGC has a minimum of a $12 order.

of the five times I have ordered from discgolfcenter, it has always been fast delivery.
i order it, they ship it the next day and I get it within 3-4 days.

Love the place.

5 days at the most.....

of the five times I have ordered from discgolfcenter, it has always been fast delivery.
i order it, they ship it the next day and I get it within 3-4 days.

Love the place.

You beat me to it. I was gonna say the same thing.

I usually have to order by Monday to get it Thursday or Friday from them. GGGT is much faster getting it to me, but they are also much closer.

I order from a variety of online places....Clearwater seems to ship effectively from FL to PA....but DGC is always a 5-7 days. Also, Clearwater, like MS and GGGT...will handpick your goods..

Last few times I ordered discs I ordered from MS. I hate their website, but they pick out nice discs and get em out fast. Ordered four Lat64 discs midday on Monday and they were waiting for me after work on Wednesday.

Usually takes a week or more to GA from DGC, MS takes about 2.

Really? I've been using them for a long time, built up to the 10% discount and never had anything ever take over a week. If I order on Monday, I've gotten stuff on Wed. no later than Thursday everytime.

That's crazy that it takes that long for you and you're a little over 100 miles from me.

I'll agree that MS takes a while though, but I figured it's due to them being a lot further away than DGC.

Patience people. If you want to get it now, then go to a local store and buy it. Otherwise be glad that you picked the exact disc, weight and color you wanted and paid nothing for shipping.

And you also have to pay for shipping from GGGT.

Yep, and thats why I go with DGC 8/10 times. Actually, thats not as huge as seeing the weight and color right there when I order over picking a weight range and entering color preference in a comments box.

I also have noticed on my Discraft disc, the discraft sticker with the weight range, but then a weight marked on the rim in ink of a close but not always in that range weight. Discraft doing. or DGC?

Really? I've been using them for a long time, built up to the 10% discount and never had anything ever take over a week. If I order on Monday, I've gotten stuff on Wed. no later than Thursday everytime.

That's crazy that it takes that long for you and you're a little over 100 miles from me.

I'll agree that MS takes a while though, but I figured it's due to them being a lot further away than DGC.

That is 2 days not two weeks. And yeah, I don't get it either, I have I believe the 6% discount with them as well so its not like I don't have experience.

It is odd, especially considering that you probably still have your mail sorted in Atlanta.

What really chaps my ass is when I have a package sitting at UPS in Doraville, especially over the weekend, that has been there since 8am but since they pack and leave at like 4am here you won't get it until the next load out. Not that it is UPS fault it just sucks seeing that it is 10 miles away but I know I can't get it.

I was hoping to have it for this weekend. Oh well, just curious if this is normal.

Yep and since they instituted email notification on shipping they've gotten much better. My most recent order was placed on th 17th (late afternoon), was shipped on the 19th and arrived via priority mail on the 22nd. With past orders I've waited over a week for them to arrive. (Seems it took two weeks once.)

I've never opted for they're paid shipping. I mostly just order spares now days. And I keep a deep enough stock that I'm usually not in any hurry to get a disc.

My experience with DGC...
1-2 discs: Ships First Class, moves pretty quick.
small orders > 2 discs: Ships some other USPS method, probably Parcel Post. Not so fast.
larger orders: UPS, usual UPS speed.

MSt. uses Priority Mail a lot. PriMail is fast and not expensive if the items aren't oversized.

I have ordered from DGC many times and it always takes the free shipping about a week, but I always know it's takes that long when I order. They tell you longer, but I have never had it take more that a week.

For example, just last week I ordered on 7/17, it shipped 7/18, and I got it 7/22 (last night). For being free, I think that's pretty freaking fast.