• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Deep in the Game:Ep 5-Monster Distance

I watched this earlier, and couldn't help but chuckle... I decided from the first 4 videos, that these were geared towards the new player, probably playing less than a year, that was trying to figure the game out. 90%+ of the things covered in the first 4 videos, most ppl on this site would call basic knowledge. Then this video comes out, and its funny to me that they cover big distance throws. How many beginners are throwing in pure distance competitions?? Good video, again didn't go as "deep" into the throw as I would have found helpful, but nonetheless, a good video with some quality info

I feel like this is completely useless for most players. Couldn't they have made a video about shots for getting out of trouble or something that showed unique/utility shots that aren't used as often, but can be helpful in certain situations? It's cool to see someone throw a disc really really far, but I gained nothing from this. This is coming from a person who has been taking disc golf more seriously for the past year or so.

this video is good for some things

i.e. with the wind, thermal updrafts, and pro power players there were 570 -650 foot rips

so you can "question" many people who talk about 500+ foot golf line drives

Best thing is that is shows newer golfers what a max distance line really looks like - that it's something different than the normal golf throws and/or disc selection. I never paid much attention to see if they marked the disc where it hits the ground or where it comes to rest, so it was good for me to see that part. They need to get those guys a better quality camera...

While it was fun to watch, they didn't tell us anything good about how to throw far... just that you have to get it turned over really high to ride the wind. Nothing about late acceleration, proper timing and all that good stuff.

While it was fun to watch, they didn't tell us anything good about how to throw far... just that you have to get it turned over really high to ride the wind. Nothing about late acceleration, proper timing and all that good stuff.

As if they'd give away trade secrets like that..;)

Not quite as pointless as the previous episode about the "Mental Game"

^^^^^^^^^^this

I too would like to see a series on recovery shots and good field craft

I found this video to be more helpful on just about everything/anything than those deep in the game videos. There's some good info on side arm, rollers, and a backhand shot that throws like a thumber.

I got nothing out of the last two videos in this series. The mental game video was a waste of time, and this one teaches things that I'll never use in an actual round of disc golf. The first three videos I actually downloaded and watched on my Touch; I'm not going to waste the time on these last two.

A troubleshooting video would be nice. Video on rollers and overhand shots would also be nice.

Not everything needs to be spelled out....or in this case spoken out.
Its in hd. It provides a great example of footwork, late acceleration, and all that other shhh.

If youre wainting for someone to truly explain with words how get good timing....you better pack a lunch.

For me, it's seemed more of them showing off and just kind of telling us parts of the throw we already know. Nothing game changing or deep.

I got nothing out of the last two videos in this series. The mental game video was a waste of time, and this one teaches things that I'll never use in an actual round of disc golf. The first three videos I actually downloaded and watched on my Touch; I'm not going to waste the time on these last two.

A troubleshooting video would be nice. Video on rollers and overhand shots would also be nice.

I agree. This last one was, what, 12 minutes long? They could have summed up everything useful they said in 2-3 minutes. I don't need to see them going to the Innova factory, driving to the dry lake, etc. Get to the point.

An Innova factory tour would be cool, however.

Ya know, everyone always talks about playing with better players and how it trumps internet teachings.
When i get the chance, im not asking 21 questions and expecting scientific breakdowns- im keepin quiet and watching for certain things. When pros do give advice irl its usually simplistic aswell. This vid is giving hd quality vid from different angles that you can pause. What more do you really want? You are all so jaded...what do you want him to say? Even if he did say it, guess what, it was probally already written in deeper detail on the internet and thus...you already know all that.
If your at a point where you still need videos to learn but you already know everything theyre saying....then maybe you should focus more on what theyre doing.

I found this video to be more helpful on just about everything/anything than those deep in the game videos. There's some good info on side arm, rollers, and a backhand shot that throws like a thumber.

Feldberg could teach me how to wipe the dew off of my discs and I'd listen intently and probably learn something new about it. He's got a gift for teaching, and his game is so technique oriented that beyond his teaching skills, he's truly a master of his craft. The best teachers know something inside out and then can effectively communicate that knowledge to others while caring that the others actually learn it.

If you look at most of the videos that have come before, either some dude with a camera at a clinic, or Discrafts 240x400 pixel offerings, they realy lacked quality. The info may have been fantastic on some of these, and spoke to more than just the masses, but they really lacked polish.

They did take a glossed over approach to content, but that would kind of be what a new player would be absorbing anyway. It's almost like starting over with the info, but in HD. The course at La Mirada looks great in the video though.

It looks great overall, hope it sets a new standard for some high quality stuff to follow.

Nothing like useless info from a has been. He has 3 first place wins since 2009. Maybe he should watch his own videos. I don't see what makes this dude so special. I would like to see videos from better players.

Not everything needs to be spelled out....or in this case spoken out.
Its in hd. It provides a great example of footwork, late acceleration, and all that other shhh.

If youre wainting for someone to truly explain with words how get good timing....you better pack a lunch.

Totally agree. I'm tired of hearing people whine about how they're not having their hand held.

These cats won't be satisfied until Avery and Jussi show up at their door and place their feet for them.

WATCH the video, everything people are complaining about is in there. Some people need to learn how to learn.:wall:

Latest posts