• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania p2

Picked up a couple metal flake glow alpacas to prevent me from getting into the sky god chaos. If they release them again this year like Simon said in his latest Vlog I'll be trying to pick a couple up. I will not buy the green though. I want blue, pink, red or even purp.

I bought one yellow and regret it already. I did that because it was just a little flatter than the pinks and blues at the store. I'd buy more pinks.

What's with the hate for the yellow and green ones? I've got a couple discs in the green/yellow new DM stuff, and it's money, and easy to find. Is it a color blind thing?

What's with the hate for the yellow and green ones? I've got a couple discs in the green/yellow new DM stuff, and it's money, and easy to find. Is it a color blind thing?

My yellow SG4 blends in too easily with Missouri-we-grow-every-kind-of-weeds. Flys like a dream, so it stays. I may half-dye red like Simon's PD.

Today it's cloudy. Yesterday in the sun the yellow one disappeared. They all look good in the basket though.

Attachments

• B7CCDA66-01D9-4376-B523-522B5DBDB186.jpg
    B7CCDA66-01D9-4376-B523-522B5DBDB186.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 47
  • A0A6A17F-A8BD-4F2D-A218-1031269AE1D1.jpg
    A0A6A17F-A8BD-4F2D-A218-1031269AE1D1.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 53
I just wanted to leave this here for others, just in case anyone wants another opinion on the new Rainmaker putter. I ordered one of the Eagle Rainmakers and just wanted to compare it to other putters and plastics, so people have another point of view to compare. I was hoping for a better P2, but it's actually worse.

It reminds me EXACTLY of the Infinite Discs Alpaca. HORRIBLE shape in my opinion. It's VERY small (which feels really weird), has a very harsh slope down from the smaller flat top, to the edges (whereas the P2 and most other putters have a much flatter top that extends almost to the edge with a round or gently shape going around the edge). And has a harsh/sharp feel everywhere on it. The new Discmania D plastic in Flex 3 is very stiff and has minimal grip to it. It's maybe like .5 more grip than the old D plastic when Innova was making their discs. So not quite as slippery, but still, pretty slick and no grip. I would think it would have no grip until you've beat it in a lot hitting the chains and getting the chinks and dings all over it. Which I don't want. I just want a putter that has grip. I want new S line or Color Glow P2's please Discmania! Make it happen please.

Overall, it's very slippery, offers almost no grip and the size/feel is horrible IMO. But obviously, everyone is different and you may like it.

I just wanted to leave this here for others, just in case anyone wants another opinion on the new Rainmaker putter. I ordered one of the Eagle Rainmakers and just wanted to compare it to other putters and plastics, so people have another point of view to compare. I was hoping for a better P2, but it's actually worse.

It reminds me EXACTLY of the Infinite Discs Alpaca. HORRIBLE shape in my opinion. It's VERY small (which feels really weird), has a very harsh slope down from the smaller flat top, to the edges (whereas the P2 and most other putters have a much flatter top that extends almost to the edge with a round or gently shape going around the edge). And has a harsh/sharp feel everywhere on it. The new Discmania D plastic in Flex 3 is very stiff and has minimal grip to it. It's maybe like .5 more grip than the old D plastic when Innova was making their discs. So not quite as slippery, but still, pretty slick and no grip. I would think it would have no grip until you've beat it in a lot hitting the chains and getting the chinks and dings all over it. Which I don't want. I just want a putter that has grip. I want new S line or Color Glow P2's please Discmania! Make it happen please.

Overall, it's very slippery, offers almost no grip and the size/feel is horrible IMO. But obviously, everyone is different and you may like it.

As a former Stiff P-line P2 user, the best stiff discs come out of the box feeling slick. That's just my opinion, but my reasoning is that when the heat and humidity increases in the summer, the discs soften up as well as feel more tacky due to moisture in the air and/or sweat. The mystery box Rainmakers that were called flex 3 were way too soft to be their stiffest offering, so it's probably an improvement for those that prefer it. Regarding the shape, it sounds like the mold just isn't for you.

I am having the opposite experience with my Rainmakers. I found the P2 too deep for my grip, which has a tendency to exasperate my unintentional nose down release. I have tried well over half the putters on the market - having played as long as I have, it just seems easier to find a putter that half-way works with my bad form than force a putter into reshaping years of muscle memory just so I can putt a little more competently.

The Rainmakers feel great in my hands and I have indeed notice an uptick in the putts I make. Time will tell, as every putter I have tried that seemingly changed my game for the better I have abandoned after a few months to find something better.

For now, though, I approve of them.

I am having the opposite experience with my Rainmakers. I found the P2 too deep for my grip, which has a tendency to exasperate my unintentional nose down release. I have tried well over half the putters on the market - having played as long as I have, it just seems easier to find a putter that half-way works with my bad form than force a putter into reshaping years of muscle memory just so I can putt a little more competently.

The Rainmakers feel great in my hands and I have indeed notice an uptick in the putts I make. Time will tell, as every putter I have tried that seemingly changed my game for the better I have abandoned after a few months to find something better.

I've got the same opinion about fitting my hand. The same reason I like the low shoulder wizards vs the bubble domed ones.

To the point of grip. They are very slick out of the box. I practice putt with them for awhile before I have the right feel. If you want one perfect from the start, I agree this isn't the one.

The flex 3 glow is a lot grippier out of the box than the prototype flex 3 though. My black prototype flex 3 was very slick, and took awhile to feel right.

As a former Stiff P-line P2 user, the best stiff discs come out of the box feeling slick. That's just my opinion, but my reasoning is that when the heat and humidity increases in the summer, the discs soften up as well as feel more tacky due to moisture in the air and/or sweat. The mystery box Rainmakers that were called flex 3 were way too soft to be their stiffest offering, so it's probably an improvement for those that prefer it. Regarding the shape, it sounds like the mold just isn't for you.

I've got the same opinion about fitting my hand. The same reason I like the low shoulder wizards vs the bubble domed ones.

To the point of grip. They are very slick out of the box. I practice putt with them for awhile before I have the right feel. If you want one perfect from the start, I agree this isn't the one.

The flex 3 glow is a lot grippier out of the box than the prototype flex 3 though. My black prototype flex 3 was very slick, and took awhile to feel right.

That's great that you guys like them. I'm happy for you. But my post wasn't a discussion or trying to start one. I just wanted to leave my opinion out there for others looking for Reviews on the new Rainmaker.

I mentioned in my post or "review" that this is just my opinion, and yours may very. I wasn't trying to start an argument or "tell" others that the disc sucks or something. No need to all jump in to "defend" the disc or something, haha. It's just my take on the disc. End of story. Glad you guys are enjoying them. It's always nice to have more options to get the exact thing you want :thmbup:

wasn't a discussion

Bro, if you don't want a discussion, then maybe don't post in a thread where people are discussing how they feel about certain discs. Dudes here are usually pretty chill, no real need to get upset about people replying to your post.

Forreal... How can you post in a disc golf discussion forum and then be put-off when people try to discuss disc golf with you??

Not calling anyone out or saying anyone is wrong. Just wanted to say my experience was different from others, and likely because of a difference in preferences of how discs feel in our hands.

I did fail to mention that the Rainmakers that are working for me are the Glow ones, just in case that makes any difference.

That's great that you guys like them. I'm happy for you. But my post wasn't a discussion or trying to start one. I just wanted to leave my opinion out there for others looking for Reviews on the new Rainmaker.

I mentioned in my post or "review" that this is just my opinion, and yours may very. I wasn't trying to start an argument or "tell" others that the disc sucks or something. No need to all jump in to "defend" the disc or something, haha. It's just my take on the disc. End of story. Glad you guys are enjoying them. It's always nice to have more options to get the exact thing you want :thmbup:

How are the flex 2 P2s beating in for people? I'm considering getting a P1 to toy with when they're released but not sure about the plastic. I love my Deputy but I'd like a slower dead straight to slightly flippy putter.

How are the flex 2 P2s beating in for people? I'm considering getting a P1 to toy with when they're released but not sure about the plastic. I love my Deputy but I'd like a slower dead straight to slightly flippy putter.

I have 4 P2 protos, supposed to be flex 2.5, and I only use them for putting. They have stayed plenty stable. However, I have flex2 Rainmaker that flips up a little and stays in slow turn. The flex3 rainmaker I don't throw off the tee.

None of this maybe helps, but my guess is the flex2 P2 will straighten out fairly quickly, but I wouldn't expect any turn approaching a Deputy (have one) anytime soon. Good idea to wait a week and grab some P1 putters.

I managed to find a couple of beat up flex 2 P2 at my local PIAS, hoping they would be flippy. So far they have only beat in to straight. They fly like a fresh premium plastic Luna. The P2 don't have the drift I was hoping for, yet.

I'm defiantly going to be grabbing a couple of P1 to try and mess around with for straight driving putter duties.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just picked up some Flex 2 P2s. I love them! The best version of P2 I've ever tried. It's the same, old P2 that we all know and enjoy, except its in this high grip plastic. Great!

How soft are the Flex 1 P2s? I'm trying to find a softish winter putter to replace my Lunas (I'm not spending $50+ for a pair of Soft putters as that's what Soft Lunas go for) at least for the winter, and P2s we're one of my first thoughts in terms of stability and feel.

OTB rates most of them at a 4/6 it looks like. If you don't mind something very similar Millenium Soft Omega4s are probably a little gummier and pretty close in price

Latest posts