• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Thinking of switching from the Reko to..

Booter are you planning to change your putter for putting, or throwing? Or both?
I really really like the Voodoo. Straight stable, glides for days. It's a wizard with the bead worn down straight out of the box. Good stuff. I'd be bagging one if I didnt have a million seasoned wizards already.. Warlocks are great too but they are a little more overstable..
^^he mentioned a PW Voodoo.. now that sounds tasty. Didnt know they ran those.

Booter are you planning to change your putter for putting, or throwing? Or both?
I really really like the Voodoo. Straight stable, glides for days. It's a wizard with the bead worn down straight out of the box. Good stuff. I'd be bagging one if I didnt have a million seasoned wizards already.. Warlocks are great too but they are a little more overstable..
^^he mentioned a PW Voodoo.. now that sounds tasty. Didnt know they ran those.

putting only is what im looking for, i may have to get a voodoo but i hate the inconsistencies with gateway so its going to have to be in person only i suppose. i throw the reko and profit, in premium, for my drives.

putting only is what im looking for, i may have to get a voodoo but i hate the inconsistencies with gateway so its going to have to be in person only i suppose. i throw the reko and profit, in premium, for my drives.

You don't have to worry about their consistency with PW plastic. They're all the same. Stiff and chalky.

You talking smack about the gateway boys bruh

Haha jk, kinda curious what throws you off about their tooling?

Lol, it's just that slight feeling of the raised tooling that I get depending on where I grip. It's barely enough to notice, and probably just in my head more than anything at this point - I'll keep trying ;)

you lost me at stiff :( i prefer some pliability for putting, something i guess similar to sss? idk wth anything feels like these days lol

To be honest man I think Gateway has been getting better with consistency. Call or message the shop and they'll grab and ship whatever type voodoo's you want. Just a thought..

Lol, it's just that slight feeling of the raised tooling that I get depending on where I grip. It's barely enough to notice, and probably just in my head more than anything at this point - I'll keep trying ;)

Do you have an old school Gateway frisbee? Their tooling nowadays is all in a circle in the center, nothing toward the edges. I bag a 2003ish Wizard that has tooling right by the inner rim, though.

Do you have an old school Gateway frisbee? Their tooling nowadays is all in a circle in the center, nothing toward the edges. I bag a 2003ish Wizard that has tooling right by the inner rim, though.

Nope these two Voodoos are fairly new, it must just be my grip reaching out a bit further? Went out and practiced with them again a bit today, I like the flight and feel of the PW, but Reko is still winning the battle!

you lost me at stiff :( i prefer some pliability for putting, something i guess similar to sss? idk wth anything feels like these days lol

Eraser is consistent, firm but not to point of not being grippy; it has some compresabiliity ...kind of like it's namesake.

I've run into this comment a lot, I guess there are people with long fingers that can reach the tooling they switched to 2-3 years ago. I can't, my grip comes nowhere close to it.

Here's one vote for the Pilot. It is a great point and shoot and the glide for a thinner style putter is fantastic. I switched to the Pilots last year and couldn't be happier. I have a spin putt as well.

I've run into this comment a lot, I guess there are people with long fingers that can reach the tooling they switched to 2-3 years ago. I can't, my grip comes nowhere close to it.

Hmm, mine neither. Guess I never even thought it was reachable! But my hands arent very big.

Here's one vote for the Pilot. It is a great point and shoot and the glide for a thinner style putter is fantastic. I switched to the Pilots last year and couldn't be happier. I have a spin putt as well.

thats really what i was hoping to hear about the pilot, it seems like its a good option. i should be getting my hands on one soon to try before buying some :thmbup:

Latest posts