• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft CE equivalent

GarrettDN

Par Member
I've been depleting my collector's disc supply (I just have too many and now I live in a city so space is at a premium) and as I was fondling some of my old CE discs I had them next to my original Z-Avengers (all orange with the "batwing" stamp). The Z-Avengers are slightly more translucent, but feel very similar to the CE plastic. In fact, they are fingerprint in the same way.

This isn't my disc, but an easy picking from google images, for reference on what disc I mean:
mdZb7EDcZLb2RCmHdmmOBXw.jpg

I know some of this is due to age, as they have been stored and not handled, but are there other discraft hoarders out there who have a penchant for this older Z plastic?

To me it just feels much better. I have a Z-Avenger from RIGHT after they went to the more clear Z-Plastic and it is much more slick (and in this model more overstable).

Anyone throw old Z plastic and covet it like CE? Or am I the only weirdo who thinks this stuff is legit?

Yes a lot of old discs act this way, often CE obviously. I've seen a few in person from Discraft like crushes with the old stamp. I bet it has to do with that particular run of plastic, it's age, and what stress the discs have been through. I personally don't like the way it feels although it is gripper. Plastic that acts this way is more brittle.

I have owned a couple of old Z discs like that. It's similar to CE, but I don't really care for it to be honest. I like new Z plastic better.

Z and CE are NOT the same. CE wears like Z but grips like DX.

Well, obviously they aren't the same. But more similar, I would say, than current Champ to CE by quite a margin.
Have you been around the Z discs I am talking about? They were made well before you started playing, according to your signature (which I am aware might not be accurate).

Latest posts