• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Memorial Day Mystery box results $99

Exactly. Its a freaking mystery box. You give them $100 with no guarantees you get what you get. Complaining about what is or isn't in the mystery box is like complaining about getting dealt a garbage hand in poker.

Aaaaaaaand this is exactly why I never buy mystery boxes.

Nobody would have bought a box if the implication was literally "you get what you get, no guarantees, could be a rock, could be a basket."

It's not supposed to be a $100 spin at the roulette wheel, it's... a mystery box. Some level of variance there, but the implication is that the customer should expect to be satisfied.

Nobody would have bought a box if the implication was literally "you get what you get, no guarantees, could be a rock, could be a basket."

It's not supposed to be a $100 spin at the roulette wheel, it's... a mystery box. Some level of variance there, but the implication is that the customer should expect to be satisfied.

I could not disagree more. How could Discraft know what anyone's definition of satisfied could be. Read this thread. Everyone's definition of satisfaction is wildly varied.

A mystery box implies a $100 spin at the roulette wheel, IMO.

I got my bright blue Chainstar Lite yesterday.

I feel guilty seeing what some other people got.

I guess you all had to get stickers and lanyards for them to be able to afford giving me a nice basket :) I guess this makes up for all the times I didn't win jack squat at raffles

Exactly. I'm not at all interested in spending $100 to get 3 or 4 discs I won't throw and a couple t-shirts I'm not that interested in. Did you all get to specify your shirt size? As someone who wears small/medium depending on fit, I'd hate getting a bunch of L and XL clothing.

Yes - the shirt size was a required question at check out.

I received:

One dri-fit, one zip up sweatshirt, a hat (cool hat, but SOOO big, even for my giant skull)...

Five discs: Jawbreaker Roach, Jawbreaker Banger-GT, Big Z Buzzz, Big Z Archer and Big Z Undertaker.

All in all, I'm satisfied. I'll mess around with the discs, and the clothing may or may not get worn. Regardless, the value was there.

I received:

One dri-fit, one zip up sweatshirt, a hat (cool hat, but SOOO big, even for my giant skull)...

Five discs: Jawbreaker Roach, Jawbreaker Banger-GT, Big Z Buzzz, Big Z Archer and Big Z Undertaker.

All in all, I'm satisfied. I'll mess around with the discs, and the clothing may or may not get worn. Regardless, the value was there.

Come on *Doggy...this post needs WAAAAYYY more butthurt and entitlement. :|

I could not disagree more. How could Discraft know what anyone's definition of satisfied could be. Read this thread. Everyone's definition of satisfaction is wildly varied.

A mystery box implies a $100 spin at the roulette wheel, IMO.

But when part of the tag line is you are guaranteed a box with value $100 or more, and a unlucky few of the people getting boxes the retail value did not even add up to $100. I would feel teed off if I ended up one of those people. I would try to find the exact people who packaged my bag, and explain why. I want at least enough that costs $100 in reatail or I am not going to stop asking the company in emails and stuff why I did not get what you promised me in one of your taglines for the promotion.

Yes - the shirt size was a required question at check out.

Good. :thmbup: I bet Discraft workers who did the promotion would feel stupid if they did not ask for that, the Discraft employees who did the packing would get a bunch of return clothing. :D

Last edited:
Come on *Doggy...this post needs WAAAAYYY more butthurt and entitlement. :|

Anybody that says they weren't just buying it to get a chance at a basket, Grip bag or fancy Buzzz are just flat out lying. If you don't understand what the purpose of a factory store mystery box is, then....well....you're just kinda dumb.

((the general YOU))

But when part of the tag line is you are guaranteed a box with value $100 or more, and a unlucky few of the people getting boxes the retail value did not even add up to $100. I would feel teed off if I ended up one of those people. I would try to find the exact people who packaged my bag, and explain why. I want at least enough that costs $100 in reatail or I am not going to stop asking the company in emails and stuff why I did not get what you promised me in one of your taglines for the promotion.

I did not see anyone here that failed to receive a hundred buck box at retail. Maybe I missed it though. Granted, those retail prices might be inflated to a degree.

I did not see anyone here that failed to receive a hundred buck box at retail. Maybe I missed it though. Granted, those retail prices might be inflated to a degree.

I think one or two people were missing a $5 retail price item to make the $100 they had everything the hoodie, the two discs, the stickers, the shirt, and the hat. What they were missing was the $5-$7 retail towel most others got that others got to make Discraft Memorial Day Mystery Box worth at least $100. The stickers are only $4-$5 retail for the whole full set.

I don't think it was really that they didn't get $100 retail, it was more like people have several of those $5 junk swag items that made it seem like they threw a bunch of crap just to get over $100... If they put in a decent Z/esp disc, in a desirable mold(Force, Nuke, Buzzz...etc), instead of can mini, 2 lanyards and 3 stickers, most people I feel would have been happy.

Basically, they should have used the swag as filler after they had gotten a decent return on value. Those things cost DC like a buck apiece, if that...

I don't think it was really that they didn't get $100 retail, it was more like people have several of those $5 junk swag items that made it seem like they threw a bunch of crap just to get over $100... If they put in a decent Z/esp disc, in a desirable mold(Force, Nuke, Buzzz...etc), instead of can mini, 2 lanyards and 3 stickers, most people I feel would have been happy.

Basically, they should have used the swag as filler after they had gotten a decent return on value. Those things cost DC like a buck apiece, if that...

This exactly. Discraft has a huge spotlight on them this year. It was a great opportunity to impress the new ppl that never thought of Discraft until now. Another relevant disc or 2 would have done that. Instead they did the bare minimum.

How many ppl that got this box or seen what ppl got in these boxes will order again on blackfriday/xmas?

Last edited:
This exactly. Discraft has a huge spotlight on them this year. It was a great opportunity to impress the new ppl that never thought of Discraft until now. Another relevant disc or 2 would have done that. Instead they did the bare minimum.

How many ppl that got this box or seen what ppl got in these boxes will order again on blackfriday/xmas?

IMO it was a huge blunder on Discraft part. Stickers are not worthy of a mystery box they are add-ons. Discraft could have sent 100$ worth of plastic and tossed in the extras to make the "value" 150$ total.

As a company you have to know the market. In this market Discmania gets hate from people that aren't satisfied with 100$ for 7-9 discs, most of which are fairly desirable molds and 2 limited/special releases just in that box. Discraft sent out 2 discs and some swag. Ouch.

Also, since i love this thread...i have to ask

Am i the last one to get their mystery box? Its supposed to come today

Also, since i love this thread...i have to ask

Am i the last one to get their mystery box? Its supposed to come today

Well damn, since you're in Tucson Arizona maybe Pony Express is still delivering. I hope they make it worth your while having to wait so long.

Mine came yesterday:

3 shirts

1 sweatshirt hoodie

3 discs useable weights: full color buzz, z crank, and a one of a kind tie dye zombee (haha)

Scorecard

2 stickers

Lanyard

Jawbreaker can topper mini

Buzz towel

One shirt is way too small, maybe my wife will wear it. Lanyard went to my daughter. The rest I can put to use. Overall it was enjoyable, nice to see everyone's hauls.

Latest posts