• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft throwers, Comet or Buzz SS

cody420

buzz ss vs comet

I currently throw a comet as my straight mid range. With the release of buzz ss I was wondering what the difference was and should i stick with the comet or should i switch over to the buzz ss. If they both have the same stability shouldn't they fly similar?

I haven't thrown the buzzz ss, but I've thrown several buzzzes and comets,

the major difference (besides stability) is speed. I'm expecting the buzzz ss to fly like a faster comet (or maybe a more stable meteor)

i don't like the comet because of its deep rim. i love the buzzz ss. i've sung its praises on this site many times. i have my one and only ace with it. comes out of the hand smooth. holds annys when thrown with conviction. it is my understable mid, but its very versatile. i'd never go to the course without it and the buzzz in the bag.

meh... comets handle wind better because of the bead but I believe they'll be capable of more lines and a variety of shots over time. Most people who throw the buzzz also carry a understable mid (meteor, fuse, eliete x something) I don't think the buzzz ss will be able to do what those do and I don't think it will replace those in many bags. They'll be a meh disc that people will try when first playing and pick up better discs later. Itd be cool if it came in pro d or something...

I understand if you don't like beads or large diameter mids though... they aren't for everyone...

The buzzz is my primary disc. I've never thrown the ss version, but I wasn't inclined to get one as I can't imagine, for me at least, that I'd need something less stable than a regular buzzz. It holds any anny line I put it on... and thats in Z plastic. Except low speed anny lines, which I use a wizard for. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what hole in my bag the ss, or any "understable mid" would fill.

i think it'll be a hit with folks who want a less overstable mid than the regular buzz but can't handle the finesse required to make a comet go straight. from time to time i lose control of my comet, especially if i am throwing a lot of longer drives, and i tend to turn it over right into the ground. it could also be a very nice mid for beginners, especially in lighter weights.

i felt some today, felt nice. the wing is more covex than the regular buzzz and these were DOMEY. i wanted to get one but i throw the fuse so i think it would be redundant to get a buzzz ss . though,it doesnt hurt to try one :)

a Buzzz SS seems redundent. a Buzzz is already super straight, if you make it more understable you have created a meteor.

It could be just me because of the limited throws I have had with my SS so far, but it seems it is actually slower than a normal Z Buzzz because of the dome. So far I have found this actually to be a positive thing because it also has tremendously more glide. I can power down on it and get laser straight shots. Time will tell but so far it seems these domey Buzzz SS are great.

i felt some today, felt nice. the wing is more covex than the regular buzzz and these were DOMEY. i wanted to get one but i throw the fuse so i think it would be redundant to get a buzzz ss . though,it doesnt hurt to try one :)

My Fuse seemed a lot faster than the SS but the lines seemed to be the same. As I mentioned earlier, I only have a few throws with the SS but I am already liking it more than most of my other stable to understable mids. It just sits in the hand better, more comfortable.

i haven't seen the production run buzzz ss's yet. the only ones i have are 2 years old or so. 08 worlds and am champs. they are all flat.

all the productions I've seen were the dynamic discs emac stamp,not the generic dcraft circle stamp. All were moderately domey to domey like champ makos! Very intriguing.

How does this disc compare to a pro d buzzz? I love my pro d but I want to step up to a better plastic. What should I get a ss or a regular z?