• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Discs that fly like an Innova Star Aero?

Sooner34

Birdie Member
Left my favorite disc at the course(Star Aero) today after hitting basket on a really fun hole at a local course. Someone had picked it up behind me. A quick Ebay search has led me to discover that there are virtually no Star Aeros left, or something.

Are there any discs that can replace that predictable goodness that is the Star Aero? Currently looking at Star Darts, but am pretty scared of ordering disc online. I'd imagine Darts can get pretty domey and would hate to waste my money on a floppy domey POS.

Aero flipped up from hyzer and turned at 300' or so of power. Thrown flat and high around 230-250 and it holds nice smooth anny about 40deg or so to the ground, I NEED this shot in my bag.

This might just ruin the fun for a bit. Hate losing key discs like this...

ESP Zeppelin maybe.

They never went into production, but there should be some of those floating around.

Nothing is like a star aero. I have a buddy that throws them, never seen a disc throw like it before. So straight...

Closest comparison to similar flight is comet, air truth, maybe a mako?

Aeros are large diameter slow beadless.

Small diameter putters and fast mids just won't replicate that glidy flight.

That's why I recommended the Zeppelin.

Closest thing I can think of.

Aeros are large diameter slow beadless.

Small diameter putters and fast mids just won't replicate that glidy flight.

That's why I recommended the Zeppelin.

Closest thing I can think of.

Yep, any other suggestion than this is just plain wrong.

*insert expletive here* I really don't know what I am going to do without this Aero. By far my favorite disc.... Might have to try and email the Innova Factory Store.

*insert expletive here* I really don't know what I am going to do without this Aero. By far my favorite disc.... Might have to try and email the Innova Factory Store.

Maybe start liking DX Aeros?

Pay the $5 and put up a wanted post on here in the Marketplace.

Someone might have one.

Otherwise, I'm telling you an ESP Zeppelin will work.

You could probably find a couple of those.

Maybe start liking DX Aeros?

Currently rocking a PFN 167 DX. Huge fan, but the Star never changed it's flight in ~6 months. Will be ordering that disc if they ship to the US!! Hoping no one else sees this and snags it before I get the chance!

Will also be putting that Wanted ad up in the marketplace Friday. Thanks guys.

People have trouble finding Star Aeros? Seems like every time I go to a REI or Great Outdoor Provision Co. type store there are 5-6 of them collecting dust. :\

Now the old Champ Aeros, those were some sweet discs. :cool:

I have only seen one in any store ever tbh. I would die a happy man I found a stack of these in a store.