• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discspeed why does CDGC not respect cyclists?

bergdawg said:
Nick M said:
bergdawg is a douche. slowing down for 30 seconds because of a bike is no big deal.

Maybe not to you!

You gotta give some to get some. Bikers expect their bike ride to not have any hiccups in it because they're bikers, they want everyone to watch out for them. Well, if you see a car coming at you at fifty miles an hour, the smart thing to do would be to move over off the road a bit. Why is that so hard? You can't tell me you fat fuckers are that lazy.

I know what you mean, I move over as far as I can safely. not everyone rides like you say. i can agree that taking up more lane just because you can is stupid and not smart. there are times where there is like no shoulder and those can be a bit scary and there is nothing you can do about it. paying attention is very important, people that don't move over are probably oblivious and not paying attention or listening to there fucking ipod, people listening to ipods on bikes are idiots. just ride bikes like they drive cars by paying zero attention. it is all about constantly scanning what is coming at you and behind you. i ride fast and i weave through traffic and blow by cars in congested city traffic and have never been hit because i am fully aware of my surroundings, i feel more likely to get hit by just going about slowly on the right side.

mirrors on bikes are great ideas, i simply look over my shoulder but i wouldn't be opposed to every bike needing some form of mirror or at least a helmet mounted mirror. road bikes with drop bars don't really have a place to mount a mirror, only flat bar bikes have a proper place to mount a mirror.

Would anyone let their kids ride their bikes on the highway or roads where the speed limit is above 30?

Latest posts