• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Dismania PD2

First Discmania mold to receive Luster Champion plastic... Leo Piironen signature PD2.

I don't have the power for PD2s, but this is a nice run!

Most people don't. I personally carry one for trick shots, headwinds, massive skips, and carving wooded lines with FH shots.

I don't have the best backhand and it suffers even worse when I'm throwing on uneven ground so I'll often use the PD2 for a shot that is thrown with the release angle of a FH roller but ends up sliding in to the ground straight due to how OS it is.

I'm definitely not encouraging you to bag one, but I know lots of people use it as a utility disc rather than a distance driver line Simon/Eagle/Androids

yeah I got one coming. dont bag a PD2 anymore and the ones I had were beat P-line and a G-line, but I had to have one just because. For Leo. And the fact that its the first DM disc with that plastic. Probably will be a wall hanger but with occasional outings just for kicks.

In the 450'+ power range PD2s really shine. My swirly PD2 from the first run of swirls is a 400' hyzer disc with no risk of turning it over. It's an amazing disc. Under 400' of power and it is a less controllable OS disc than a Firebird or comparable disc would be. The silly OS new run of swirls is also awesome because it doesn't give a single **** about the wind. I can't even hit 400' with it but it is stupid OS.

I have two MF PD2s that should be delivered today. I'm so excited.

Does that mean that it has developed some turn? If so does it fly more like a Destroyer than a DDx, C or S line PD2, or any of the super high PLH Destroyers. If so I may have to get one to compliment my Star Destroyer for FHs.

It's less stable than a brand new high PLH Destroyer, that's for sure. Not anywhere close to the stability of my Swirl S-line PD2's. Still more stable than any of my DDX's of course, but I'd say it's closest to a slightly worked in Star Destroyer. With zero wind, it has no turn for me at full power. But with a little headwind, it does exhibit some turn, but nothing too extreme. Nice and reliable headwind distance. My SPD2's laugh at any and all headwinds lol.

Awesome disc, totally took me by surprise.

Oh boy. I got to throw the MF PD2s yesterday... They bring the BEEF. I don't think I've ever thrown anything as OS in my life.

Luster PD2 is super stiff and flat. My favourite shape of a disc, just like the 2nd run FD and the 12x FAF firebird I bag. I wish I jad the arm for this, but no way is that happening.

Luster PD2 is super stiff and flat. My favourite shape of a disc, just like the 2nd run FD and the 12x FAF firebird I bag. I wish I jad the arm for this, but no way is that happening.

Discmania Store said the lusters are also very OS. The shape sounds a little different than the metal flakes. The MFs have a very mild dome, but the plastic is pretty stiff and grippy. It may be my new favorite disc. It is just so unbelievably OS. There is no way to describe it. Pretty sure I can throw my putters farther.

I have about 550' of power and I don't think I could ever use a swirly PD2 as a main DD. I basically use the PD2 strictly forehand and absolutely love it for that purpose. At one point my buddy had a c line that actually flew like a flippy destroyer and currently has an orange s line that used to be in one of the pros bag that does have some high speed turn. Would love to check out the ones that Eagle and Simon bag to see just how stable they actually are.

I have about 550' of power and I don't think I could ever use a swirly PD2 as a main DD. I basically use the PD2 strictly forehand and absolutely love it for that purpose. At one point my buddy had a c line that actually flew like a flippy destroyer and currently has an orange s line that used to be in one of the pros bag that does have some high speed turn. Would love to check out the ones that Eagle and Simon bag to see just how stable they actually are.

The swirls are some of the most OS I have encountered...I have a jolly launcher with bubbles in the rim that is equally OS. I have a good stash of swirls. I have a luster in the mailbox and a MF at home. I'll probably take them all out and compare soon. I need a plain ole S line to compare as well.

I have some color glows that are shockingly not that OS, they are actually pretty nice. It reminds me of a fresh C DD with more turn and more fade...a lot more fade. but you can get it to cruise for a while before it starts screaming at the ground.

the Luster PD2 may be the most overstable disc I have ever thrown. cranked a steep downhill forehand shot with like 45 degrees of anhyzer and I think it barely went 330 before hitting the ground at a near vertical hyzer angle. even with moderate wind coming from the right that should have pushed the anhyzer further. I dont have the biggest arm, but am no slouch either. but honestly. cmon. that disc is is all kinds of OS.