• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Dismania PD2

the pd-2 is my goto driver for just about everything...once you beat one in, you can actually get it to flip over. brand new its meat...very predictable flight and it goes a long way.

well, i know this has been answered by a couple people but i'd like to see if anybody else has input.

i will probably add a PD2 to my bag here because . . . because. i'd like to see if i can cycle them in P plastic instead of trying to cycle destroyers. i know the star and champ versions (i think both are OOP, correct?) apparently season in to be great destroyer-like, but i do not feel like investing that much time seasoning a disc.

from what i've read and what has been told to me before, the P plastic beats in to act oddly, becoming too unpredictable. has anybody else had this experience? i may just buy one anyway and take it to the woodshed but i'd rather not.

worse comes to worse i'll just buy some c-lines and a couple p-lines to do fieldwork with come this spring . . . haven't seen the s-lines in retail stores, but i'm sure they're online. really just seems like a great cycling candidate and you really don't hear much about them other than that 27 page thread on DGR. ;)

i throw 415-430 with my destroyers max with consistency, sometimes i can get farther but not reliably by any means, so i assume i'd be able to see some turn once they start to season.

Edit, just saw your time frame preference for break in.

Don't watch football and post on dgcr at the same time

Last edited:
Depending on your weight preferences, Justin has both C and S line at community discs if you don't want to risk a weird P line

yeah, i've got a line on some C-lines at a couple local retailers but yet to see an S-line. i will definitely check out community discs - thank you for the heads-up!

i'm pretty fortunate to have several retailers near me so i buy almost every disc in-person; the disc itself in P plastic doesn't worry me, it's just more how the P plastic beats in. according to some it gets unpredictable. :\

*edit*

haha, yeah i'm watching the game too.

I have pretty good experiences with beat P-PD2. I would not call it unpredictable. There is maybe a mild turn developing, fade starts to come in later, but always fade if not totally flipped over by user error. So basically it becomes ever more workable and longer but still predictable, though leaving the fiercest wind fighting duties for other premium discs.

Other than this broken in P-line I have a FR C-PD2 and 2013 C-PD2 and both are crazy overstable. The latter so much so it's not even funny. Think wide-rimmed mold AND speed overstable FAF Firebird. But with a pop top. *cuckoo* :confused:

S-PD2's are the closest thing on the market right now to the old good S/DS's. They are great discs and yes this is coming from someone with the arm to throw them.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell well well.

destroyers gone.

picked up a PPD2 that had a lower PLH than the others, can be hyzerflipped to flat or has a little turn with a solid fade. also picked up a regular PPD2 and a CPD2. will probably pick up an SPD2 now that i have one that turns already.

i will keep my pink star destroyer for now because it is the only high speed driver i have that has a good amount of high speed turn for max distance/uphill drives, but i feel it will be soon replaced as the less stable PD2 breaks in. i love my other destroyers so much, but this is just more reliable.

the only thing i don't like about my PPD2 are that they cannot be dyed. : \ will be finding a white SPD2 for that purpose.

my regular, overstable PPD2 played a big role in two drives today out into crosswinds averaging 25 mph. held that **** down.

i will keep my pink star destroyer for now because it is the only high speed driver i have that has a good amount of high speed turn for max distance/uphill drives.

I lied !:D. Threw again today, my less overstable ppd2 can be bombed fine on a slight uphill incline. The other one just crushed the wind again. It was blowing 20-30 mph and it just. Did not. Care. Loving it.

I've seen Wysocki absolutely crushing a C-line PD2 forehand in a couple vids from the '13 season... beautiful thing to behold. He's going to miss that disc when he goes full on Prodigy for 14... I throw D1s and there's no way in hell they could stand up to what he was doing with those PD2s...

I've seen Wysocki absolutely crushing a C-line PD2 forehand in a couple vids from the '13 season... beautiful thing to behold. He's going to miss that disc when he goes full on Prodigy for 14... I throw D1s and there's no way in hell they could stand up to what he was doing with those PD2s...

They should make a D0 thats a pd2 clone lol

Are you talking about the "2013 C-line PD2"? The one that has microbubbles in the rim? Here is one:

998710_10201571212747292_498200733_n.jpg

That is incredibly overstable, most speed and mold overstable disc I have ever seen anywhere (havent seen a Stiletto flight in person). I believe the "old" FR C-PD2s are more workable, although seriously OS, too.

damn, that sucka is overstable. i love mine, but i only have found one useful hole to use it on...and it gave me my first ever shot at birdie for that hole, which was awesome. it might be a good long FH/OH get out of trouble roller too during the summer.

i really do like this disc. the P-lines with the low PL are definitely bombers out of the box and can be flipped - they won't come back if you aren't careful.

the regular p-lines are great. they may be all i need. i am going to start breaking one in ASAP. i also bought an S-line but, true to what some were saying, it has a higher PL than my C-line. dunno if that thing is EVER going to get used.

Pd2 has piqued my interest and finally went to get one. Came home with that is prettyan s- line that has a moderate dome and beefy flashing . Should I deflash, and will the dome make more or less overstable?

Pd2 has piqued my interest and finally went to get one. Came home with that is prettyan s- line that has a moderate dome and beefy flashing . Should I deflash, and will the dome make more or less overstable?

More overstable, and you should deflash it lightly. I'm personally in favor of leaving a little extra flashing on rather than taking too much off.

thanks. looks like i got a new meathook/ O.A.T the stuffing out of a forehand into a headwind disc. Good call on the flashing, it will eventually dissipate, might as well enjoy i while it's there.

Latest posts