• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Distance breakthrough today, is my arm speed good?

Malawi

Par Member
Hi,

So today finally... after practising like everyday for the past 3 months i played and watched ton of videos i got it.

Before today my mids go to 230, fairways to 250, and drivers to max 280. With my best throws like 1 of 20..

Today i decided after been training on the snap feel and grip to just be 100% relaxed in the arm like it was a whip with almost no pressure in the grip at all and snap the grip right before disc leaves my hand focusing more pressure with index and tumb, it worked!!
Baam 350 feet with my Tern!! then out of 20 more throws with diffrent disc i got the L64 Saint to around 330-340 2 times.

And im almost certain it was mostly arm speed cus my form isnt that good and i do a slow x-step so atleast i get my shoulders involved but the rest down could probebly give me up to 400 i think.

Anyway is my arm speed avarage, i mean should i try with +10 speeds from now on to get the feeling meanwhile working on to get my body more involved? and if so what disc and weight do you recommend? I read good things about Shryke, like my Champions Tern.

/Niclas

Congratulations.

I hate the Tern but really like the Shryke. It goes stupid far with little effort.

Practice with putters and midranges to get angle control down.
Practice with drivers to get trajectory. (or max distance)

Practice with whatever gets you to the pin.

The exit velocity of the disc directly correlates with form. Whatever you did, got you over your plateau! Congrats.

I would be willing to go out on a limb and say 350 is average in intermediate. But overall, 350 is very good.

A lot of people go max weight, but, you will get more speed on lighter discs. Lighter discs do not tolerate environmental circumstances like the wind as much, but they do go faster out of your hand. Totally a personal judgment call.