• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DNF or Punking Out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are no longer the WCG.

Ya ya ya...:rolleyes: I was +6 after 3 holes that day and just a couple months earlier I shot -7 for one round on the same course in tournament. I wasn't about to take that +6 (+8 I believe in the end for one round) and be proud of it. I couldn't continue to have fun trying to catch up the whole day, So I gave up on the last hole.... I don't see anything wrong with it?!? I don't do it all the time.;)

Hess was probably directing that "STFU" at himself.
Don't mind him, he's just bitter and getting hustled at skins yesterday.

but like I said Im a reformed pothead.Had not smoked in many years and regret taking the one hit off a group members one hitter.Am now playing disc totally clean and sober and doing all I can to promote the sport.Am treasuer of our club and running Sunday dubs.Wasn't bragging about getting high as I realize(as I do about life) it affects everybody around us.IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT ME!!!!

You should think about posting when you are sober, too.

but like I said Im a reformed pothead.Had not smoked in many years and regret taking the one hit off a group members one hitter.Am now playing disc totally clean and sober and doing all I can to promote the sport.Am treasuer of our club and running Sunday dubs.Wasn't bragging about getting high as I realize(as I do about life) it affects everybody around us.IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT ME!!!!

Cool story, bra

You should think about posting when you are sober, too.

Awesome prickish comment. You have anymore snide one-liners?

He told about his DNF, showed remorse for his actions and is subsequently showing pride in his reformation. Maybe you wouldn't use the verbage he chose, but that has zero effect on you.

Awesome prickish comment. You have anymore snide one-liners?

He told about his DNF, showed remorse for his actions and is subsequently showing pride in his reformation. Maybe you wouldn't use the verbage he chose, but that has zero effect on you.

Yes, I do. How about this one......

Have you ever heard of a joke?

How was that? Calm down, Francis.

I had two wankers walk off our card at an A-tier just so they could go follow the Avery around. That left me plus one other guy. I forced the wankers to go find the TD before they walked away so he could figure out how to solve the situation. I was very unimpressed. Complete lack of courtesy.

I'm suprised that people were smoking pot during a PDGA sanctioned tournament in the first place. I'll admit, I smoke during casual rounds sometimes, but would never even consider doing that in a tournament. There is a time and a place for everything...If you want to smoke and drink, save it for weekend dubs or something...AND DID YOU ACTUALLY THINK TAKING 11 SHOTS OF JOSE WOULD HELP YOU PLAY A BETTER ROUND GOING IN?

If I drank 11 shots of Cuervo before playing a round I wouldn't even be able to distinguish a driver between a putter lol...

I recently played in the Loriella Challenge with an injury that would have been easy to say DNF. I fell hard on a deck three weeks ago and coul dbarely raise my arm three days brofre the event. I registered before I fell. Got to the course and started playing and my arm seemed fine. Then after the first round and sitting around at lunch my rotator cuff stiffened and I would get a stingy, shooting pain down my arm for every putt or drive i attempted...I hated playing that way and it got into my head and i started to wonder if i should stop playing. I played a terrible round and felt like crap. I 3'd the last few holes which were tough woods holes. One guy I was playing with said "no matter what you did out there..winners always finish and they finish strong, good job on those last three holes"...I realized that its better to finish and suck up the shi^^y score and keep the respect of my fellow golfers.

Oh, and just to respond to the OP.
Anytime, quitting just to save face is never justified. If you are injured or there is an emergency then obviously it's excused. (e.g. I may be 999'ing BG Ams if I get the "I'm about to have your baby, get the F home" call from me wife--she is due on 4/19, so anything can happen)

If you quit because things aren't going as you planned or habitually (a la JD Hazel, Bowling Green, KY) then you're "punking out".

maybe.....

I'm suprised that people were smoking pot during a PDGA sanctioned tournament in the first place. I'll admit, I smoke during casual rounds sometimes, but would never even consider doing that in a tournament. There is a time and a place for everything...If you want to smoke and drink, save it for weekend dubs or something...AND DID YOU ACTUALLY THINK TAKING 11 SHOTS OF JOSE WOULD HELP YOU PLAY A BETTER ROUND GOING IN?
it was only 9 shots but I quit with 5 holes left and even if I bogey every one I still would have beat my first rd. score.Point is I didn't finish and I was so disgusted with myself that I quit for 6 wks.

it was only 9 shots but I quit with 5 holes left and even if I bogey every one I still would have beat my first rd. score.Point is I didn't finish and I was so disgusted with myself that I quit for 6 wks.

Do you have a point or did you just come here to talk about your addiction issues?

9 shots at lunch? Yep....there's your issue

There are a lot of people in the world that smoke and can still lead a productive un-inhibited life. For these types of people it has a balancing and calming effect which would be vital to their game on the disc golf course. Getting messed up is just stupid though unless you are there to only have fun. I know a lot of people who have drank or smoked too much and lost their head and placed badly in tournaments because of it. Moderation, my friend, is my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.