• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do I need to disc down???

If you want to go Discraft instead of the Teebird (I'd get the Teebirds), a Z Stalker or XL would be a good choice.

Once the Teebird gets in the bag, it will usually stay there forever, unless you're and Eagle guy.

I kicked teebirds for cyclones, cyclones for eagles, and now I'm on gazelles. I'm really liking gazelles

Give discing down a try. I feel its working for me, and I am trying to undo YEARS of bad habits, improper muscle memory and wrong thinking/poor disc selection. You can only gain. If you don't like it the Wraiths are still in the trunk, too.

Before, the high speed discs would stall out and fade hard left. Now, they are going nearly dead straight and barely fading left. I can absolutely tell a difference in how the disc is being thrown. I'm not throwing 400' all the time, but I have hit it about 10 times now. The average is much closer to 350.

Welcome to the community. I'm not tryin to bash you or anything here but when i hear someone as new as you claim to be hitting the high speed stuff out dead straight with barely any fade i have to assume you're throwing flex shots and they are ending up straight in front of you after the flight takes a huge helix path. I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter if you're on here or at the park, i hear and witness the same testimony over and over.

I'm still a newbie myself, and still learning. I'm no better than you are when it comes to this sport.

These guys will show you the way:)

I started playing this game FH using a lot of highspeed drivers because I had a lot of wrist snap from throwing sidearm baseball. As I moved over to throwing BH, I had a difficult time throwing far with these same drivers (Xcalibur, Boss, Destroyers). Now I am starting to test out slower discs, and what I find is that:
1) I don't have to torque the disc to have it fly as far
2) I can throw just as far with slower discs
3) My arm is more relaxed and I don't have to strong arm the disc
4) slower discs are more controllable
5) I don't get as much skip at the end of the flight

I moved down to Wraiths, Orcs, and even Tee-birds. It amazes me with half the power, I am throwing a Tee-bird just as far. I do have a JK Pro Valkyrie that I can throw with ease on a flip hyzer and it sails. I am now even moving down to throwing a Stalker and Buzz for 300ft shots.

In long distance shots with headwinds I am still throwing Destroyers. I also find discs in lighter weights are easier to throw than max weight. A lot of work to do, and still testing out slower discs and lighter discs, but you might wanna try these steps.

Welcome to the community. I'm not tryin to bash you or anything here but when i hear someone as new as you claim to be hitting the high speed stuff out dead straight with barely any fade i have to assume you're throwing flex shots and they are ending up straight in front of you after the flight takes a huge helix path. I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter if you're on here or at the park, i hear and witness the same testimony over and over.

I'm still a newbie myself, and still learning. I'm no better than you are when it comes to this sport.

These guys will show you the way:)

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry you don't believe me, but I don't have a need to lie on the internet to feel good about myself. Either way, thanks for the welcome to the board. I am definitely excited to read and learn what I can.

I put a post a couple weeks ago in the form forum and what I was doing then is night and day from what I have now. I will be putting up another video soon and hopefully I will get it torn up like the last one, lol. I definitely appreciate the time people here are willing to give to help.

Either way, I am going to get a couple TeeBirds and throw them exclusively until I can shape the lines however I want to. I am semi-confident about the distance, but shaping the disc and control is still a major issue. I know big D doesn't really matter when there's no telling where the disc will go.

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry you don't believe me, but I don't have a need to lie on the internet to feel good about myself. Either way, thanks for the welcome to the board. I am definitely excited to read and learn what I can.

I put a post a couple weeks ago in the form forum and what I was doing then is night and day from what I have now. I will be putting up another video soon and hopefully I will get it torn up like the last one, lol. I definitely appreciate the time people here are willing to give to help.

Either way, I am going to get a couple TeeBirds and throw them exclusively until I can shape the lines however I want to. I am semi-confident about the distance, but shaping the disc and control is still a major issue. I know big D doesn't really matter when there's no telling where the disc will go.

I didn't say i don't believe you, i just hear this alot. thats all:) I'm sure you're getting good D. Just do one thing...throw mids on 250' or less holes:)

Mike, should you really be throwing putters in <300 situations? Someone else said putter <200, mid <300. That sounded reasonable to me.

I guess I have a lot of work to do.

It all depends on what you're comfortable with. Most people I play with only throw them from about 100' and in, I like to throw them up to 330' or so on the course unless the shot calls for a faster disc due to a low ceiling or something.

yeah what mike said. go to a field and see how far you are comfortable throwing them

Latest posts