• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you name your discs?

Recently, I realized that I had subconsciously given some of my favorite discs a pet name. Therefore, I thought it fair to give all the discs in my bag the same opportunity.

Currently, I have a...
  • E Sabre named Commie (there's a red/black star dyed on it)
  • Lat64 Gold Vision named Sweden (for obvious reasons)
  • Two Buzzzes named Sam and Max
  • S Element named Smiley (because of the beautiful S-curves it makes, and to compliment the disc below)
  • E Magic named Fone (it's bone-colored)
  • SS Wizard named F*** You (here's a picture of said disc)

Do other people anthropomorphize their discs? Or am I simply clinically insane?

not insane, just need to join a local league where you'll be forced to converse with other people instead of your plastic.

I've got a Buzzz that I sometimes feel like I should call "my precious"

I try to stay away from naming or becoming too attached to discs. I've got a few duplicates for most of my discs, but I prefer to not know which one it is that I'm throwing at any specific point, especially with my putters.

My brother and I make up stupid names for our discs sometimes. He bought a Boss and we named it Tony Danza - now the family has grown into other plastics of the same disc as he has Tony II, III, and IV.

100_0765.jpg

This is the VDUB (not the most original name but it is my favorite disc)

100_0762.jpg

The Money Shot

100_0767.jpg

and The Pussy Fireball

I have two PFDO (Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open) discs in CFR plastic. I call them my "yinzers."

I actually substitute it with ridiculous nonsense like "farkin' piece of cheese" & random grunting noises. I usually "quit this stupid game" at least once a round (I never do though).

I simply string together profanities that would make a sailor blush.

Rackin'...smackin' is my favorite non cussing/nonsensical rant. Followed perhaps from freakin' - deakin'; and of course; a good gosh darn it! :)

I say really bad things like "stupid" and "dummy" and "farthead"!

I say "I hate this game" when I do something stupid. Don't cuss much.