• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Does anybody still throw a Beast?

I had a Champion, Two star's and a few DX Beasts and my favorites were the DX. Only problem is they didn't last long. I still have a Star, but I don't throw it much. It's a good disc, just doesn't really do all that much for me that I can't get out some of my other drivers so It's not bagged, but I do still use it for field work.

I would if you could still get the old mold ones.

They recently released a "retooled" version with the older specs, have them in DX and Gstar. Found some on discgolfcenter. Not quite the same as the old plastic but something to look into

Most of the discs I've found on the course in the last few years have been tie dyed Champion Beasts. Someone's still throwing 'em!

Probably Dick's stock. Around here they only carry Wraith's, Groove's, Valkyrie's and Beasts for drivers. "Beast" probably sounds way more bad a$$ and those tie-dye colors are cool!

A guy won the ace pot at the tourney I was at this weekend with one. 300+ft OB all over threw it into a slight headwind, it flipped, and rode straight all the way to the chains. Dude went nuts. "What was that man?" "Star Beast baby!" You should have saw the looks on everyone's faces....huh? Star beast? Ok man....great shot though :high fives....daps: :hfive:

I know there are quite a few people in my area that throw them still, although I am not currently one of those people. I am pretty sure Barry Schultz is still bombing them since they are one of his signature discs.

His signature disc was the old mold which was closer to an Orc but innova kept him on the revised mold anyway. Makes me wonder which he threw through the years. Both?

His signature disc was the old mold which was closer to an Orc but innova kept him on the revised mold anyway. Makes me wonder which he threw through the years. Both?

The recent ITB he did at USDGC he didn't mention the Beast.

I've got a star that I don't throw much at the moment. I'm wondering if it was a freak, or an 'old mold' that I lucked into, but even beat to crap it was fairly stable, more so than a couple of champs I used to have. Should dust it off and see what's up.

The recent ITB he did at USDGC he didn't mention the Beast.

I've got a star that I don't throw much at the moment. I'm wondering if it was a freak, or an 'old mold' that I lucked into, but even beat to crap it was fairly stable, more so than a couple of champs I used to have. Should dust it off and see what's up.

He has a new pro Starfire in the bag which is Innova's closest flying disc to the 1x/no time pearly, old mold Beasts. The recently released gstar old mold Beasts have a tick more hss than the latter two but are still a great disc and should beat into the same within six months of steady use.

He has a new pro Starfire in the bag which is Innova's closest flying disc to the 1x/no time pearly, old mold Beasts. The recently released gstar old mold Beasts have a tick more hss than the latter two but are still a great disc and should beat into the same within six months of steady use.

Interesting. I don't have too much experience with Starfires.

Latest posts