• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Does anybody still throw a Beast?

I have a Pro Beast that is too heavy for me? or maybe it's that of the 3 pro discs I have I don't like any of them.. I also have a DX Beast that I've had for 5+ months that has yet to be thrown.. It sucks because I am constantly buying plastic.. I'd stop but it's really hard..

I've got a 175g champ. It's great for control shots, long turn-overs tail-wind shots and hyzer-flips. I also use it as my bh roller. It's my go to disc on when there is little to no wind and accuracy is more important than distance.

I just picked one up today...from the bottom of a river ^.^ yay for found plastic lol

I learned to hyzer flip with a beat up DX beast. Still have fond memories. It became a really reliable roller for me at one point. Then it took a swim...

how would you guys say the Beast would compare to the Surge.. more specific ESP Nate Doss Surge?

The Beast is a slower disc. Will have more HS turn and less fade at the end .

In my experiance the esp plastic starts out more overstable than the z so even a champ beast should be quit a bit less overstable and finish a lot straighter

its weird for me.. my esp nd surges are less stable then my elite-z and even pro-d lol .. dunno why it is.. i have some none nate doss that seem to be lil more stable too.. just kinda odd. The surge seems to be the only disc over speed 9 that i can really throw with some success.. messed with pro wraiths some too and they were bout the same but not as long for me. I love the sidewinder tho so i guess beast is a logical step up to test or pair with it ...

how would you guys say the Beast would compare to the Surge.. more specific ESP Nate Doss Surge?

The beast (champion) is less stable and slower than an ESP ND Surge.

I throw both molds (as well as a star wraith). The Surge is much more like a wraith to me. I use the Wraith and Surge almost interchangeably.

I do think the Surge may be just a bit more consistent in it's flight than the Wraith, but it's negligible.

Just picked up a 168 Star Beast that's pretty a pretty shade of blue. Was too hard to ignore, despite not throwing them before due to hearing all the issues.

I throw ~ 300-330 with a Teebird as well as my distance stuff i've owned, so I'll be looking forward to what this does (or doesnt do and just gets added to my pile of crap)

The Beast was my first driver, and I still love this mold. I threw a DX Beast during my last round, and I think I need to add one to my bag. It's really easy to get distance from, since it has crazy glide. Plus I'll always be able to find one...they're a dime a dozen. :)

DX Beast was the first disc I ever threw over 400 feet. I still believe they are as good as anything out there for an intermediate-level player.

DX Beast was the first disc I ever threw over 400 feet. I still believe they are as good as anything out there for an intermediate-level player.

As I play less, and near the ripe age of 40, I realize this is the probably all I'll ever be. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I keep finding Beasts, using them for water hazards, losing them, finding them. True rinse and repeat.

I get a nice gentle turn out of them.

I keep my Star Beast in my bag and it sees action every round. It's turned in to my touch driver on holes where it's imperative I hit a certain line and get a turn over shot out of the disc.

I throw a 167g Champ Beast. It's a Barry Sig, but no flight numbers.

It's surprisingly stable for a Beast. Probably due to the mild dome.

I use it for long anny shots that I don't want to fade out or burn on me.

It's also great in a big tailwind, for big uphill drives and as a long distance roller.

Latest posts