• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Does anybody still throw a Beast?

I have owned several Beasts the last few years. My bag has a Champ Beast that I have been using alittle bit more lately. For some odd reason, of all the discs I have found over the years, I have found more Beasts then any other discs.

There's one hole on my home course where I forehand a DX Beast through a tight lane and have fairly good luck with it. I had prviously struggled with a backhand shot here as I'm usually more accurate backhand, just not on this hole. The Beast is starting to get beat and not flexing back like it used to, so I may try my GL River before I go looking for a Champ or Start Beast

I've got a champ beast I've been throwing for a year, dig that disc, but haven't been throwing it a lot lately since I've been discing down. Had a nice 500' bomb with it today (very downhill, so more like ~350-375 of flat) that parked about 30' right of the basket.

Found a pretty cherry Beast DX on a course recently (no ink) and gave it a shot. I am back into DG after maybe 7-10 yrs away... the Beast was one of the few long range drivers I remember from back in the day, though I never really used it.
I immediately threw some pretty impressive bombs with it. Seems to fall between a Viking and Valk for me at the moment. Think I'll be looking for some Pro Beasts soon...

The Beast is the fastest disc in my bag and my go-to disc if I have the room to make it work. I can't generally use it on a hole with tight fairways. I have a pearly champ that I absolutely love and am trying to find a backup for. It basically flies like an Orc for me. Just got 2 more champ Beasts today that I hope will fly the same. Haven't gotten to throw them yet. My DX Beasts have a bunch of turn and fly completely differently, but are great for turn-overs and heavy downwind shots.

I like the beast used to have one in my bag but currently don't. The pearly ones are my favorite.

Beasts are great discs. I used to have a 162g beast that i could bomb well over 400ft. One of my favs from Innova

The last couple days I put an old school worn DX beast in the bag for flip flat shots that gradually turn right(RHBH) and for some power rollers. The plastic feels great in the hand but I don't know how long the plastic will hold up to the punishment.

I have at least 30 beasts there sick n tail winds. My favorite disc ever. Only been playing 18 months but its ben in the bag since day 3

Are all you beast lovers throwing old molds or new molds??
i only throw old molds. They flip up nicely! !

i love the pearly old mold beast .....i have been throwing pro lines for 5 years now.....its my only driver

What he said except the part about ONLY driver.....Pearly Old Molds are so sweeet. I'm gonna take a pic of my favorite one tomorrow and you will be amazed at this thing. Beyond beautiful.

have 4, including one beat to hell pro that i can throw massive hyzer flips with.

Latest posts