• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone throw vibram

Agreed. I've owned several VPs for a couple years now. That is my main putting putter. I also throw it off the tee a decent amount on short holes. There is no damage that can be found anywhere on these discs, and I seem to find lots of trees. They are just a little dirtier than when i originally bought them, but the same otherwise.

How do you like the vp for a putting putter? Do you spin putt?

I owned a few molds in both firm and medium, felt like they didn't have the same low speed glide of most plastics. This made accuracy difficult for me, especially with mediums and low ceilings. Maybe if I had started learning dg with rubber discs it wouldn't have bothered me so much, but I didn't and it did. Carrying a mixed bag and jumping around from rubber to plastic was too much work trying to stay consistant so I dropped the rubber.

^ that is a good point.

I also feel that if you could do a full bag it would be better than just a few discs.

flip over
put water in flight plate
microwave....

brand new disc. its how i have fixed a number of beat up discs. or left it flippednover on my dashboad in the summer.

I throw a lot of Vibram, but I still throw a mixed bag.

IMO, the best discs are:
- Ibex: super durable, slightly straighter Buzzz. Probably my most used disc
- Ridge: one of the most comfortable, straightest Putters on the market. Great off the tee and for putting
- Lace: still one of the longest flying discs on the market, and you don't have to be Simon Lizotte to achieve that distance. There's a reason it's Vibram's best selling disc
- Vamp: the modern replacement for the Trak, Leopard like and very glidey.
- Arch: Awesome workhorse fairway driver. Great for line shaping.
- Summit: My primary putter. Prefer it slightly to the Ridge for push putting.

I owned a few molds in both firm and medium, felt like they didn't have the same low speed glide of most plastics. This made accuracy difficult for me, especially with mediums and low ceilings. Maybe if I had started learning dg with rubber discs it wouldn't have bothered me so much, but I didn't and it did. Carrying a mixed bag and jumping around from rubber to plastic was too much work trying to stay consistant so I dropped the rubber.

Of the Vibram discs I've used, I've found the Summit, Ibex and Valley to all have a nice amount of glide-low or high speed. I don't think the rubber compounds they use inherently inhibit glide.

Vibram discs have come & gone from my bag over the years. They are great discs. Extremely durable & some exciting colors.
The O-Lace is a great distance driver, but too close in characteristics to the Wraith to keep a spot.
A soft V.P. was my putter of choice for many years, but I grew weary of the hard fade.
The Ascent was a great fairway driver, and a soft one is a great thumber disc, too.
I've tried to go all Vibram, but I couldn't part with my security blankets.
Besides, until someone pays me to throw all the same makes of discs, I'm going to throw whatever works for me.

Of the Vibram discs I've used, I've found the Summit, Ibex and Valley to all have a nice amount of glide-low or high speed. I don't think the rubber compounds they use inherently inhibit glide.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Glad you like Summit and Ibex glide, I did not

I agree with the low speed stability comment. If you're someone who throws discs that run out of spin before they land a Vibram disc will dump out of the sky harder than a regular plastic disc but if you're throwing an appropriate-for-your-ability disc you should not have a problem. I only have 2 discs in my bag that are non-Vibram at this point. A very overstable midrange (which could be replaced by Vibram's Crag but I have not tried it yet) and a very understable midrange which I would compare to a Summit for stability.

Once you start noticing how Vibram discs survive tree tree hits a million times better than plastic discs and how Vibrams just fall to the ground after those hits rather than sailing far off the fairways I really can't bring myself to go back to plastic. Their ability to just fall after a hit really increased my confidence on tight fairways.

I cannot say enough positive things about Vibram. Sure, I'd love some speed 10 discs but that's another story!

All rubber bag all glow bag also oh all soft bag too for winter

I have a lot of extra vibram for sales 12 putters:, summits vp ridges sole. Fairway: Notch vamp onyx valley accent Trax arch. MID: ibex obex launch crag some extras and DD solace olace lace unlace I have a lot of extras for trade or sale 2696500943 meet at OV disc course St Francis

I throw Vibram: I seek heavy Vibram Onyx over 160 grams

Love and trust the rubber. Always looking for older throwers! If you have good looking Vibrams for sale, let me know. I don't want discs that should be stuck in a bag, I had two on the wall shelf, but Vibram discs to throw. My Bag is usually all Vibram. As I age I slow down and move to mids and field distance Vibrams, although I always keep an Unlace, a Solace to flick and a Lace in my bag. I am loving the Arch, Notch and Vamp. Really like the Crag and Launch mids too. I seek and will pay big bucks for an Onyx Flag, 2016's Vibram Open discs.The Flag Onyxes were heavier than production discs. Called USA Flag because they are red and blue on white discs. Give me a holler if anyone has one for sale.

I carry two Firm Vamps (the other plastics are just too flimsy) as my understable drivers. One is beat-in and it will hyzer-flip up to flat, turn over, and end to the right (RHBH). The other is newer and heavier and it will hyzer-flip up to flat and cruise straight with maybe a slight bit of turn to it and then have a small fade at the end.

Vamps are fun discs to toss around. Easy distance and comfy in the hand.

I put an old Summit in the bag for leagues last night. It netted me a few birdies and might stay in my bag long term.

Virbam

I have a lot of extra vibram for sales 12 putters:, summits vp ridges sole. Fairway: Notch vamp onyx valley accent Trax arch. MID: ibex obex launch crag some extras and DD solace olace lace unlace I have a lot of extras for trade or sale 2696500943 meet at OV disc course St Francis

I Am interested to trade for 1 of each to get the whole Vibram set up. Let me know what you need so we can work something out

Do you still have any vibram drivers for sale?