• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Does ESP FLX plastic suck?

I have a flx drone that's almost 10 years old. Thing is money. I've thrown a couple other flx discs but never really cared for them.

Got some flx surges always thought they were more stable than regular cause they so flat

Got some flx surges always thought they were more stable than regular cause they so flat

Yup. I threw a few FLX Surges years ago. Super flat, glideless, and short.

FLX plastic may do well on mids or some slower drivers, but it flies poorly on anything fast.

I have a Z FLX Heat that actually flies pretty well. Its the only FLX disc I've tried that I thought was any good.

I found a like new esp flx nuke the other day... h.c and as I had no expectations I found I liked it.
.backhand I threw it with a little flex and it turned a bit and was pretty straight..a little shorter than the ballista pro I threw alongside...but ok..
..liked it for a big hyzer...about similar to star boss..found it very good for forehands..very straight..or if I wanted got a long hyzer finish..kind of liked it..especially forehand

Spambot or not, the "suck *ss" post was quoting the description given in the original post.

Right. And as a new poster you wouldn't try to be diplomatic and...I don't know...not call it that after a necro? Forget the necro part, if I'm bumping a thread I'm not informed on I admit that and ask permission and forgiveness.

You've been on here long enough to know I can be a shmuck.

Guess when I'm rude? When people deserve it.

I have a 12yo FLX Drone in the bag, a 12yo (thrown for about 6-8) FLX Drone, and used to bag a few Buzzz' as well in the plastic - currently exploring the Wasp/Comet world. Anyone who ****s on FLX or any soft blend from countless different manufacturers just doesn't know how to utilize it, simple as that.

Last edited:
My brother has an ESP Buzz from late 2007 that is basically FLX ESP, the plastic first debuted on the Impact in 2007 yes I have 3 having bought some off a guy when a for me, very important disc was going oop and I was buying the last of the production ESP Impact discs at 170-172 grams and 173-174 grams as those weights are the only ones that work. The plastic ESP FLX lasted from 2008 to end of 2009 with 2008 having only the ESP FLX that caused a number of discs to get stopped in ESP altogether when ESP resumed in 2009. The new ESP was less durable then old ESP until the point that Swirl ESP came out, then the Swirl ESP was more like the old pre late 2007 ESP in terms of durability. It was in 2008 during the ESP FLX only year that some of the ESP discs rose really high in price via E-bay that later were made again in ESP. Some stayed high like the ESP XL as that got lost due to the ESP FLX only year in 2008. Anyhow it seems more players that were Discraft/DGA Only discs used a Z XL anyhow as they wanted more a Tee-bird in flight disc rather then a OS Eagle flight.

Right. And as a new poster you wouldn't try to be diplomatic and...I don't know...not call it that after a necro? Forget the necro part, if I'm bumping a thread I'm not informed on I admit that and ask permission and forgiveness.

You've been on here long enough to know I can be a shmuck.

Guess when I'm rude? When people deserve it.

I have a 12yo FLX Drone in the bag, a 12yo (thrown for about 6-8) FLX Drone, and used to bag a few Buzzz' as well in the plastic - currently exploring the Wasp/Comet world. Anyone who ****s on FLX or any soft blend from countless different manufacturers just doesn't know how to utilize it, simple as that.

Sorry. I'm not getting the problem with the post. I thought that it was an attempt at humor, using Twmccoy's original description of the disc. I figured that Reelbigguy was just trying to score some free plastic since Twmccoy had said that he'd give it away for free.

I don't think anything I said referred to any of your posts either. I really am confused. Sorry. And no worries about being a schmuck. We've all been there. :D And you're not even close to being on my ignore list. LOL!

And I love my FLX Buzzzs and Drones. :thmbup:

Last edited:
My bad guys, forgot I created this account and replied here. Anyways, yes I'm a noob here but not a noob to disc. ESP Flx is my favorite plastic and I was scouring the internet trying to find some for purchase and stumbled across this thread.

So if that suck ass driver or others like it are still available, hit me up please :)