• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does this count?

SlothsLair

Does this count as in? Thrown from 15' for par.
418271_400112293383829_1426190927_n.jpg

DROT (disc resting on basket). no it does not count / end thread.
Vondrehl has a diagram of nearly every possible situation that counts and does not count.

Last edited:
It doesn't show one on the roof though!

The bottom right disc in that picture (the one wedged in the side of the basket) can be in or out depending on whether it entered from the inside or outside and whether it was witnessed. The others are all straightforward.

The bottom right disc in that picture (the one wedged in the side of the basket) can be in or out depending on whether it entered from the inside or outside and whether it was witnessed. The others are all straightforward.

I would still count that on certain days as long as the thrower was able to get it before it hit the ground. FYI :thmbup:

What I don't understand is how the White disc is "in". The White disc isn't being supported by the chains... as it is wedged on the chain-holding-device in much the same way as the Yellow disc that is considered "out".
DSCJNKY

What I don't understand is how the White disc is "in". The White disc isn't being supported by the chains... as it is wedged on the chain-holding-device in much the same way as the Yellow disc that is considered "out".
DSCJNKY

I think it is touching the basket, but being supported soley by chain.

^I thought he had it wedged on one of those inner chain hooks.
DSCJNKY

It looks too far inside to be touching one of those. If it were you would be correct that it should not count. It would have to be flipped around so the rim can get hooked.

I don't have any statistical evidence, but I'd say that at least 95% of the answers to the "Does this count?" threads are "NO!". It's almost to the point that if you have to ask, it's not in. Throw again.

524428_10151936465710251_212877590_n.jpg

We just ran into a situation like the wedged disc. This was a possible ace, but the call was made that it was not. The disc was not visually witnessed, but no chain were heard to indicate it went through the basket somehow.

When reading the rules, 803.13B, it sounds like it should not count since it's not supported by the "inner cylinder" of the tray. If you read "Rules Changes 2011" it sounds like the wedgie would count if not witnessed. My question is, how is the wedgie considered supported by the "inner cylinder" of the tray?

Latest posts