• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Driver advice for 400' power

Got out today and threw it just a little bit, feels great! Definitely OS like you all said. I'm in the middle of trying to fix some form deficiencies in my driving so it was weird timing to try out a new driver but I threw it out there on a dead straight line with a predictable fade about the same distance I was throwing my Saint on a long flat S curve that finishes straight or right of my line. So it will be immediately helpful when I need to hit a tight line.
Also throwing an OS driver is going to force me to fix my issues of throwing with the nose of my disc up. The PD showed me in a couple throws that I've been covering up my throwing deficiencies with an under stable driver :/

You are really missing out. I like max wts in general but there is room in most bags for a lighter counterpart of a favorite mold. They are great for wooded courses and tailwind drives.

I think most people are missing out in this department. A lot of people do carry a light driver for distance but still revert back to max weight on their workhorse drivers. I disagree with that. Especially for anyone who cycles molds. Take Paul Mcbeth for example. All of his destroyers are 167-171 except for his most over stable. Barry Shultz loves to stress the fact that discs are at they best when they're a few grams under max weight and he himself doesn't throw max weight other than putters.

The reason I emphasized mold cyclers though is because a common point of lower weight discs that is commonly looked over is that they season slightly faster than max weights which can be very beneficial and makes replacements easier.

chiming in with either a domey flow, or a champ krait.

if you hyzer flip, why not try the inertia? it's a faster volt.

I use a northman. for about 365ish in a slight flip, or flat toss.

or take on a fluid escape, more stable than the saints and the same distance (or more) potential.

my $0.02

Latest posts