• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Driver Advice

most stock champ eagles are the x model. at least the last time I was shopping. not too hard to find.

You'll have to check the wing on the Eagle. The L is smooth & the X has a "bump"

eagleLvseagleX.jpg

What are you looking for exactly? A distance driver that isn't tossed around by wind?

That looks like an X-mold.

What are you looking for exactly? A distance driver that isn't tossed around by wind?

That looks like an X-mold.

I am wanting a longer tee bird basically. Something that can handle wind but give me about 20-40 feet more distance. I picked up a lot of bogies this weekend bc my tee birds couldn't set me in putting position after two throws with them. Left me short.

And the thing that makes it tricky for me is too stable will also leave me short or in swirling wind, it gets pushed down more quickly.

I have to concur with the PD recommendations than. The S-PDs can be a bit beefy when new, kinda like a Saint, but they break in pretty reasonable. The P-PDs bomb pretty good when new and break into hyzer flip turnover machines. I haven't tried a G* yet but I hear they fly like a broken in S-PD so that'd be nice too.

I wouldn't say Eagles are longer than Teebirds but when the wind is up you can throw them a bit more confidently and that can lead to nice distance. I'm smitten with the VIP Sword as my big boy distance driver. Really decent HSS while fading forward for easy long D.

Then I need to break these in some. I don't throw them bc they've all been too beefy for me. So I just have to put some work in with them. Never heard of a Sword.

And blizzard messed me up, they were great at first but once they got chewed up, I never figured out what to do. My blizzard Destroyer was money but after two years it's crap. **Still in the bag** :( And I did buy some new ones, but they weren't the same as my first run.

Swords are a Westside disc (Finnish Latitude more or less). Kind of a Wraith/Destroyer lovechild. It's a fairly fast disc and some days when my form is just not firing on all cylinders I reach for PDs instead.

Latest posts