• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driver help

anthonyb

I primarily use a star 167 TL for my driving, and thats the only driver i use right now, as i lost a star Eagle today. I need help finding a new driver, i want a slower speed driver, so fairway is what im looking for, i can throw my TL about 260-290 area. i have a couple distance drivers, a few orcs, some wraiths a sidewinder, but the orcs and wraiths are too much for me right now, and i cant throw the sidewinder to save my life, it just flips right over, and im not rolling my wrist so i know thats not the problem, i would be content with just the TL as my driver, but i feel weird just having one driver disc, i need help, thank you

Have you ever tried a Leopard?

It will be a little flippier than your TL, but I think it would go real straight for someone at your power level without being overly flippy like your sidewinder.

ive thought about that, but my TL goes real real straight with real little fade/ turn what ever its called. ive thought about a valkyrie, i had a real real beat in champ one when i first started igot from a friend, and i could throw that pretty good when i first started, but ive since lost that

What do you need that your TL isn't providing, that's the question. A TL should handle all things straight and understable related, sounds like what you need is something more overstable, like an Eagle, Cyclone, Teebird, etc.

if it ain't broke don't fix it. I tried to replace my TL for a long time only to find it didn't need replacing. If you want something shorter try a buzzz or a roc, longer get a light destroyer/wraith or a star/champ sidewinder (dx gets too flippy).

I think I am going to have to second the Leopard for a decent fairway driver. The TL is my main disc right now and does a lot of things well for me so I would say stay with that. Leopard might not get you as much distance, but is good for shorter, more controlled drives.

Keep working with the TL. Maybe add a Stalker, Leppard, Teebird, or Eagle. Really just depends on what you need.

I have a Champ Leopard and it's a good bit more stable than the Pro or SE ones that I've thrown. A beast might fit the bill too. I like the SL, I find them to be closer to and Eagle than a Champ Teedbord in stability, they'll fly straight a good ways. They're also good for straight forehand rollers for me.

TLs Cousin

I would recommend the TLs cousin aka...the ESP tracker. I have thrown both discs, and you will find with a crisp hyzer snap that the ESP tracker is very str* and glidy as the TL may have less glide and more aggressive fade, but the flight patterns are quite similiar....

To take it a step further....I would HIGHLY recommend an Elite X tracker, which is rated at less stability than it's big brother the ESP version. In calm days, I can crush this disc, as it has filthy glide(with hidden stability because of the thick edge, so harder to turn over)....it can also take sharp anyhyzer routes that a buzzz may flip over on...I don't carry this disc any more because I have maxed out on what I like to have in my bag(Fade Bag...which holds about 15)...but if I had to add one more...More than likely, it would be the elite tracker.

Keep in mind the domieness of the ESP tracker...I picked one up that had major dome, and I honestly would put it in the area of stability as a wraith. Being it was a tracker...I could get huge distance, but prefer the more appropriate use of a tracker, being major glide, tight line, and soft finish.

Do not purchase the Z version of the tracker...as it is a completely different disc, but great for windy conditions, especially if don't have the biggest arm.

Lastly, if you are looking for something a little slower than the TL or tracker, pick up the STALKER...worth it's weight in gold!....gl

Latest posts